Facebook Online Shops – Facebook Stores
Have you wondered how Facebook online shops work before? If you haven’t then this is a good topic to elaborate on. There are certain ways through which Facebook online stores work. I think we should look into that. For those wanting to start an online shop on Facebook, I assure you that it is totally free if you follow the steps that you would be seeing shortly. The steps would come later because I think we should first look into how online shops on Facebook work.
How Facebook Online Shops Work
A Facebook online shop can only be created on a Facebook page. Without a Facebook page, you cannot create an online shop on Facebook. A Facebook online shop can be created irrespective of the type of page you created. To create a facebook page, you also need a Facebook account. This is to help you manage the page effectively. For time’s sake, I would not list out the process to open a Facebook account here. A Facebook account can easily be opened from any of the Facebook apps or the Facebook official site at www.facebook.com. After creating a Facebook account, you can follow the steps below;
- Navigate to www.facebook.com on your PC and log in if you haven’t done so.
- After successfully logging in, you should be on your Facebook account news feed. From your account news feed, click the “create” tab and a new menu would be displayed.
- On the new menu, select “page”.
- You would be redirected to a new page where you would be asked to choose the kind of page you want to create. Choose the type of page you want to create and give your page a name. I highly suggest you use the name you intend to use for your online store for this page.
Finish the page set up by following the on-screen instructions. After completing your page set up, you can now proceed to setting up your own Facebook online store.
How to Set Up Your Facebook Online Store
This can easily be done if you already have a Facebook page. To set up your online store on Facebook;
- Open your Facebook page as the admin and click the settings tab.
- When the page loads, scroll the left column to “templates and tab”.
- After clicking a new page would pop up, on that page, scroll down to find “Shop”.
- Click edit beside the shop tab and turn on the tab.
If you are doing this for the first time, you would be asked to select a template. After selecting the template, follow the on-screen instructions to finish your shop set up.