Is FaceTime free? This is one of the most frequently asked questions by iPhone users. According to a user, he has been hearing so many good things about the feature on the iPhone, but one thing he doesn’t know for sure is if the tool on his iPhone device is free. Of course, he would love to know before trying it out. If you are in the same position as this person, then you are in the right place. In order to take us further in this article, I will be giving you lot the answer you all have been craving. FaceTime is free. Therefore if you haven’t made use of the tool before, it is time you start utilizing the features of the app on your device and not be left put anymore.
FaceTime Is Free
Before I go any further in this article, here is a question for you. What is FaceTime? Over the years the iPhone app has grown so prominent among its users. But due to the fact that it is not everyone that has the luxury of owning an iPhone device, it is not everyone that knows about the FaceTime app. For the benefit of these persons, I will be writing a short review on the topic. With the latter being said, what then is FaceTime? FaceTime is a video calling tool developed by apple. This tool is a great way to make both video and audio calls with friends and family for free. You can also use it to keep in touch with business colleagues.
Most people know this tool and app as a video calling tool. But this is not true. You can actually get more and do more with the FaceTime app on your iPhone device. You can also choose to make audio calls with it. And guess what? It is free to make calls with FaceTime. Since calls are placed via Wi-Fi or your data connection, you don’t have to worry about charges or being charged. At most times conventional calls placed through FaceTime are of higher quality and this is because FaceTime makes use of HD audio. Continue reading to know how to set up FaceTime on your iPhone device.
What You Need To Set Up FaceTime
Before you go about your way using FaceTime, you need to first make sure you have got everything you need. You will need a couple of items to make use of FaceTime seamlessly on your device. And the first thing you will be required is a compatible device. In order to make use of FaceTime, your iOS device should be an iPhone 4 or a higher iPhone device. An iPad of a high version is also compatible. An iPod touch of 4th generation or higher can also be used to access and make use of FaceTime successfully. a mac running OS X 10.9.2 0r later is also compatible.
To set up FaceTime you will also need to have a sure source of internet connection as it only works online and not offline. This internet connection can either be a Wi-Fi or a cellular network. And lastly, you should have an in-built camera or a connected one. This shouldn’t be an issue as most iOS devices have an inbuilt camera unless you are using a mac mini or an older mac device without a FaceTime camera.
How To Set Up FaceTime
Now that you have learned of the thing you need before setting up FaceTime, here I how to set up FaceTime on your preferred device;
- On your iOS device, open the settings pp.
- Scroll down the Settings app and tap on FaceTime. Make sure the FaceTime switch at the top of the settings menu is turned on.
- From the FaceTime page, select the ‘use your Apple ID for FaceTime’.
- Enter your required details and tap on sign in.
- You will then need to select the email address and phone number you want to be contacted on FaceTime.
- Choose a caller ID you want to be displayed when you are contacted.
- Lastly, you can choose to allow other FaceTime users to take live photos during a call.
When you follow the steps above carefully, your FaceTime account will be set up successfully.
How To Make A FaceTime Video Call
Making a video call via FaceTime is pretty easy. This is one of the primary reasons for this app and to make a video call successfully with the FaceTime app, follow the steps below;
- Open the app on your iOS device.
- Login with your login credentials if you are not logged in already.
- On the apps main page, you will find a list of persons you have called or contacted previously. If the person is on this list you can tap on the person’s name or ID. But if the person is not on the list, all you need to do is to use the search bar to search for the name of the person and the contact will appear as long as the name is on your contact list.
- To start a video call with a person, tap on the video camera icon.
That’s it. To make an audio call, tap on the handset icon.