First City Monument Bank is a large monetary service provider in Nigeria which offers retail banking, investment banking, and corporate banking services to different large organizations, corporations, both small and medium enterprises, and also individuals in the society that are interested in their services.
The bank is headquartered in Lagos with the major vision of being the premier financial services group of African origin.
First City Monument Bank
The bank was founded as City Securities Limited in the year 1977 by Oloye Subomi Balogun, who was the Otunba Tunwashe of Ijebu. He was a Yoruba tribal aristocrat. The bank was incorporated as a private limited company as of April 20 1982 and was granted a banking license on August 11, 1983.
FCMB was the very first bank to be established in Nigeria with support from the Government or foreign organization. The private limited liability company was changed to a Public Limited liability company on July 15, 2004, and was a list on the Nigeria Stock Exchange the same year.
First City Monument Internet Banking
Do you have an account on the First City Monument Bank? The bank has an internet banking service that lets the bank users carry out their transactions from anywhere and anytime. With the internet banking service, you can make transfers without going to the ATM machine or bank near you. You can simply register for your internet banking via the website.
How to Register for FCMB internet banking
Registering for your personal internet banking with First city monument bank is very simple, convenient, and fast. Follow the steps below;
- Head on to fcmb.com from your browser.
- Hit on Internet banking individuals.
- Then hit on Registers.
- Read through the terms and conditions, and then accept.
- Enter your Bank account details such as the Account name; the number you used in opening your account, the email address you used.
- Select a new login name.
- Select your ATM card preference, hit on Yes if you have one, or No if none.
- If the ATM card preference is Yes, type in the card PAN (the 16 or 19 digits on the top of the card).
- Hit on Submit to register the form.
Once the internet banking account has been created, you would receive your login credentials immediately. Your User ID will be sent to your device and password to the email address you registered with.
First City Monument Mobile Banking
First city monument bank has a mobile app to make your banking easier and quicker. With the mobile banking app, you do not need to go and queue up to make your transactions you can simply do that from your mobile device. You can use the mobile banking app to do the following;
- Check your account balance.
- Request for the statement of your bank account.
- Make funds transfer.
- Pay your bills.
- Buy airtime for yourself and others.
- You can also locate the nearest bank branch to you from the app.
These are the functions of the First city monument mobile banking.
How to Get the App and Register for Mobile Banking
Getting the first city monument app is very easy and it is free on the app store of your device and register for your account from the mobile app. The app is compatible with any device including Android and IOS devices. Follow below to install:
- Open your AppStore and use the search box to type in FCMB Mobile plus.
- From the results displayed, tap on the first result there.
- Tap on Install to get the app.
The mobile app will be installed immediately on your device and you can launch it from the same page.
To register follow the guides below;
- Open the mobile app.
- Tap on “Register as a new user”, and then agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Fill in the required fields with correction information such as your mobile number, account number, etc. Tap on Continue.
- Verify the account with the code that will be sent to the mobile number attached to the account number. Type in the code on the space on the app and then create a new password for your account.
Your account details will be displayed on your device immediately.