Food System Research Network For Africa Postdoctoral Research Fellowship 2021 is popularly known as FSNet-Africa. The Food System Research Network For Africa FSNet-Africa is hosted by the University of Pretoria, South Africa.
Are you a food researcher that wants to gain an international connection to advance your career? Or you want to acquire a doctoral degree in food system research?
The organization of Food System Research Network is offering a one-year postdoctoral fellowship starting next year, 2021 January. The postdoctoral fellow primarily promotes FSNet-Africa teams in quantitative research activities.
Food System Research Network For Africa Postdoctoral Research Fellowship 2021
The fellowship will be responsible for inter alia design and administration of online surveys. They also carry out analysis of survey data, other quantitative research data, and development of the technical and non-technical reports and data visualizations.
They will assist in the collection of project monitoring data, cleaning and collection of monitoring data, and reporting of data to project funders. This they do under the guidance of FSNet-Africa senior learning lead.
The applicants will have the opportunity to strengthen their interdisciplinary research skills, learn project management skills, and develop international research through the fellowship. Proposal writing skills will also be gained by the applicants.
Criteria For Eligibility For The Food System Research Network
Aspiring applicants should consider the following requirement before launching the application form for the research fellowship. The requirements are;
- Ph.D. degree obtained in the past five years
- Applicants must gain experience in quantitative data analysis and in-depth knowledge of statistical analysis methods.
- Advanced proficiency in using either SPSS, R, Python, or similar tools for data analysis
- Applicants must possess proficiency in developing and delivering online surveys
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills ability
- Having strong IT, skills in advance proficiency in MS word, excel, PowerPoint and outlook
- Well oriented with excellent organization skills and the ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Applicants must be self-motivated with the ability to get things down and a strong end-product orientation
Applicants should note that a Ph.D. in a field related broadly to the food system, training in advanced data science techniques, knowledge of mixed-methods research will be an added advantage. Experience in monitoring and evaluating metrologies will also be added advantages.
Value And Tenure Of Food System Research Network
Applicants whose application is accepted will enjoy some benefits. The major benefit of the research fellowship by the fellows is ZAR 240,000 – ZAR 360,000 per annum as a tax-free stipend.
There are no benefits or traveling allowances in the Food System Research Network For Africa Postdoctoral Research Fellowship 2021.
Application Deadline For The Food System Research Network
The application For the Food System Research Network for Africa Postdoctoral Research Fellowship 2021 will end before December 4th, 2020. For current news based on the fellowship visit HERE
Application Process For The Food System Research Network
Applicants should note the following;
- A letter of application describing their suitability for the fellowship
- Certified copies of academic transcripts and evidence of having a PhD degree
- A CV comprising of all applications and research output
- A written output example on academic or technical reports
- Three references with their names and contact
Applications will be open until the fellowship is awarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and required to undertake an inbox skills assessment.
Recommended >>> PepsiCo Greenhouse Collaborative Accelerator 2020/2021