Have you ever thought of becoming a female top representative of Nigeria? The Funmi Omo Initiative University Scholarship Fund 2020 for Young Female Nigerian Students is just what you need right now. This scholarship programme has been designed and developed to assist young Nigerian women of age 17 – 28 who are already into the university and with good grades. There are several scholarships schemes for Nigerians but the Funmi Omo Initiative have provided a singular scholarship programme just for Nigerian young females. Candidates will be awarded with some amount of money for their expenses and upkeep, so there will be no fear of capital. So it’s advisable you apply to stand a chance of becoming accepted in the scholarship scheme.
Funmi Omo Initiative University Scholarship Fund 2020 For Young Female Nigerian Students
The Funmi Omo Initiative University Scholarship Fund 2020 for Young Female Nigerian Students is a passion project and the brainchild of Mrs Funmi Omo, CEO of African Alliance Insurance and a renowned leadership authority and role model for young females. The Scholarship Programme aims to support 5 young Nigerian women who have gained admission or are already in the university by supporting their careers. The Funmi Omo Initiative University Scholarship Fund will cover the applicant’s school fees for a session, books and printable documents, and a personal allowance. There is more information for you to know about this scholarship programme, and I will be providing the basic necessities for this scholarship programme. If you are interested in it, it is expected you should read on.
About Funmi Omo Initiative University Scholarship Fund 2020
Funmi Omo Initiative University Scholarship Fund is a supportive scholarship guide programme aimed at aiding young Nigeria women who have gained admission and are already enrolled in the university. They provide support through helping their academic dreams and goals by providing them an opportunity fund via this scholarship of about 1,500,000 naira in total for each academic year.
Below are the brief details of the Funmi Omo Initiative University Scholarship Fund 2020 for Young Female Nigerian Students. They include:
- Host country: Nigeria.
- Category: Undergraduates.
- Eligible countries: Nigerians
- Eligible applicants: Female.
- Age range: 17 – 28 years old.
The Funmi Omo Initiative University Scholarship Fund 2020 for Young Female Nigerian Students comes with great benefits which are granted to the eligible participants. The benefits of the scholarship programme include:
- There is an award of the sum of about N300,000 per students to cover school fees and a discretionary allowance for upkeep.
- Applicants are granted networking with like-minded colleagues and mentors, creating a lifelong network.
- Availability of personal academic and career coaching to give you an edge in your future professional pursuits.
And other sided benefits granted to you if you have been awarded the scholarship after you have applied.
Before you can be accepted into the scholarship programme, users are expected to have some eligibility requirements. Some of the requirements for applicants are:
- Any young woman who has gained admission in the university and can show proof of the admission.
- Women of age range between 17 – 28 years old.
- Applicants must be a Nigerian citizen.
- Participants must be willing to commit to one hour of coaching, delivered online, each quarter.
- Applicants must have and be able to show evidence of excellent result (a minimum of 4 GPA) in the previous school session year or for new entrees, an admission letter into the university.
- They must submit an inspiring narrative on their personal career and ideas on how to make Nigeria a better place for young women.
- And also they must submit two (2) referees – one academic and one family member.
- Applicants are to submit a statement of account.
These are the required eligibility requirement for desired applicants to know before they can take part on the Funmi Omo Initiative University Scholarship Fund 2020 for Young Female Nigerian Students.
The application procedure for the Funmi Omo Initiative University Scholarship Fund 2020 for Young Female Nigerian Students is easy. If you are a Nigerian young female who desires to apply for this scholarship programme, then the steps below are just for you. The steps include:
- Go to your web browser and search for the Funmi Omo Initiative web page Here.
- Read through the basic necessities some of which you already know from my article.
- Scroll down to the “How to apply” section and click on “Here”. You can directly click here to the application form.
- Fill in the required information on the form.
- And the required attachments (check the Required Attachments listed in the next heading).
- Review the filled details to end=sure it is legit and true as any false information on your form will disqualify you from the scholarship programme.
- Then submit the form online.
Screening will commence after some period of time. And then the top 15 candidates will be invited for an interview by the Funmi Omo Initiative, after which the most impressive 5 students will be chosen for the scholarship. The shortlisted candidates will be announced within a given period of time, and also the winners will be announced too. You can access the Funmi Omo Initiative web page via the link Here.
To apply, applicants are compulsorily required to submit the following listed documents:
- A cover letter stating your personal career goals and ideas for making Nigeria a better place for young women.
- Then attach along with your application your result from the previous academic session. And your referee information (one academic and one parent/guardian).
- And lastly, your bank account statement for up to one year.
The Funmi Omo Initiative University Scholarship Fund 2020 application deadline is on the 22nd June 2020. So the scholarship application for this year is expired. But interested applicants should keep in touch from the link http://funmiomo.com/2020/06/23/foi-university-scholarship-fund-application-portal-now-closed/.