Ever consider trying out a UK administered scholarship valid for all countries citizens. The GFG Foundation STEM Scholarship 2020 at Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) has provided a scholarship scheme to every undergraduate outside the UK who wants to further their education abroad. The Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) with the collaboration of the Glasgow Caledonian University has designed this scholarship to help schools and college leavers study for a degree program at the institution. If you are in search of a good scholarship program, then this program is best for you. It will be of great guide if you continue to read more on this article as it will bring you details of the scholarship program, requirements, and application processes.
GFG Foundation STEM Scholarship 2020 At Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU)
Glasgow Caledonian University is one of the first UK universities to benefit from a STEM scholarship program designed to help UK school and college leavers. They support talented engineering students joining undergraduate programs. The GFG Foundation has supported programs across the globe aimed at closing the industrial skills gap. This is to be done through the creation and nurture of engineering talent. The GFG Foundation was established to help develop the skills of young people involved or want to get involved in the industrial sector.
Aim And Benefits
Below are the benefits to be accessed by eligible applicants who have been accepted to the scholarship:
- Eligible applicants are opportune to access support from a mentor employed within a CFG Alliance company. This is to help guide them through their academic and career progression.
- They are given access to about £1200 per annum throughout their studies. This fund can be used to cover other fees such as books, travels, accommodation, and materials needed.
For the eligibility, I will be detailing the eligible field of study alongside instructions required of participants;
Eligible Field of Study
Below are the eligible field of studies:
- Computer-Aided Mechanical Engineering.
- Fire Risk Engineering.
- Electrical Power Engineering.
- Building Services Engineering.
- Mechanical Systems Engineering.
- Environmental Civil Engineering.
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
The eligibility statuses for every participant are as follows:
- The applicants must be international students.
- Applicants should have applied to the “Eligible Field of Studies” listed above.
- They must be able to speak fluent English Language.
- And lastly, applicants must have good academic records.
Eligible Countries: Any
Now to apply for this scholarship, you will have to follow the below steps:
- Click directly at the link gcualumni.org.uk/Account/Login to be directed to the scholarship site.
- Then click on Register to begin your processing.
- Fill in your full name, email, and provide a password to register to the scholarship site.
- You will be redirected to the site, otherwise required to log in using the email and password provided.
- Scroll through other lists of scholarship programs and click on “Start Form” under the GCG Foundation STEM Scholarship 2020-21 scholarship session.
- Read through the scholarship eligibility, close date, and fill the form containing the below information:
- GCU Student ID.
- Phone No.
- Personal statement.
- Schools and colleges attended.
- Any valuable attachment.
- Then click on “Save Progress” and “Submit Form” to finish the application process.
Questions Related During Application
Here are some questions that would be directed to you during application:
- The differences it will make if you get into the University/University – What benefit will you give?
- Your future plans and career goals.
- The difference your application acceptance will make to your studies or career.
- The reason you should be awarded with the scholarship.
Terms And Conditions For The Scholarship
Below are the terms and conditions for the scholarship acceptance program:
- You are required to submit a thank you letter to the donor CFG Foundation.
- Attendance at any scholarship related activities hosted by GCU or CFG Foundation.
- You are to submit a report based on your experience as a scholarship recipient and how this award has made a difference to you. This can be done during the end period of your year of study.
- Awards are not deferred to another session.
Closing date for application
The closing date for the GFG Foundation STEM scholarship 2020 is 17th August 2020.