The word ‘Drafts’ of Gmail drafts represents unsent messages with ‘draft’ system label applied. These drafts cannot be edited once they are created but they can only be replaced. In this course of replacing of messages the ‘underlying messages’ IDs change every time but to have a stable ID, we have a “draft resource” which provides the stable ID. Below is a list of draft resources.
- Create- creates a new draft with the ‘draft’ label
- Delete- deletes a specified draft
- Get- gets the specified draft
- Send- sends the specified, existing drafts to the recipients
How Do I Save A Draft In Gmail On My Phone?
Draft messages do not autosave themselves. There are methods and steps to follow in order to successfully save drafts. Follow the steps below to save drafts in Gmail on your phone.
- Open mail app on your phone.
- Compose your draft.
- Press ‘cancel’ and save.
- Press and hold compose message icon.
- Swipe left to delete drafts.
- Tap to open and finish email and send.
How to Create Draft Messages
to create a draft message follow the steps below;
- Create a MIME message that complies with RFC 2882.
- Convert the message to a base64url encoded string.
- Create a draft, setting the value of the message.raw field to the encoded string
Gmail drafts – How to Update Drafts
To update a draft you must add a ‘draft’ resources in the content of your request together with the draft.messages.raw field set to a base64url containing the mime message.
Gmail Drafts – How to Send Drafts
Add a ‘draft’ resource in the body of the drafts. Send request; set the draft.id of the draft to be sent and set the draft. Messages. raw field to the new MIME message encoded as a base64url encoded string. These are a few details about Gmail drafts. But there might be one disturbing question; can I recover a deleted draft in Gmail? Recovering your deleted drafts in Gmail actually depends on your internet connection. If you operate Gmail from desktop and delete the draft by mistake then it’s lost but if you have synchronized your phone then close the internet connection and access Gmail drafts from there.
To send drafts on an Android device;
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Gmail app
- In the bottom right, tap Compose.
- In the “To” field, add recipients. If you want, you can also add recipients’ to the “Cc” and “Bcc” fields.
- Add a subject.
- Write a message.
- At the top of the page, tap send.
You can also backup by sending the drafts to your own email ID.
To find and send an email you have saved as a draft on the web:
- Open the drafts folder in outlook mail on the web.
- Click on the message you want to continue composing.
- If the message does not open for editing automatically.
- Edit the message draft as needed and eventually send it.
If you carefully follow this article every question you have regarding Gmail drafts will be answered.