Creating content on your site or blog that your audience will love takes time, but making it profitable shouldn’t be, because Google AdSense is here. With AdSense from Google, advertisers show their ads on your sites, by so doing creating great content and help take your business to the next level.
Google AdSense gets you the best of automation on the platform and they are highly customizable. Plus, the signing-up process is free and simple. There are not many that offer free. You can start today and join millions of others that are already earning money. But read on to find out more about AdSense.
This is a program that is run by Google. Through this service, website publishers in the Google Network of Content Sites serve images, videos, text, or interactive media advertisements. These advertisements are targeted to the site’s content and audience. They are administered, sorted, and maintained by the Google Company.
Revenue with this platform can be generated either on a per-click or per-impression basis. This tool is a highly relevant tool for earning income from your blogs, sites, etc. The service is actually hassle-free for all because they don’t have to deal with advertisers collecting money from them. Google administrators try as much as possible to hold and maintain good relationships with advertisers using AdSense.
Google AdSense gives you what you deserve or work for. They take the payment, collect the management fee, and then the rest will be sent to you because it is yours.
Type of Google AdSense
There are some types of AdSense advertisements that can be run by advertisers. Some have been discontinued and will be discussing briefly on them all below;
- Content: content-based advertisements can be targeted at users with certain interests or contexts. There are different ad sizes available for the content ads on this platform. They can be text, images, flash video, tex, video, or rich media.
- Search: this one allows publishers to display ads relating to search terms on their site and then receive 51% of the revenue that will be generated.
- Video: Google AdSense for video allows its publishers with video content, for instance, video hosting sites. By so doing, it helps to generate revenue using ad placements from Google’s extensive advertising networks. Publishers get to decide the types of ads they want to be shown with their video inventory.
- Link Units: these ads are closely targeted to the interests of your users. Because most users interact directly with the ad unit and may be more interested in the ads.
Below are the discontinued Google AdSense Types;
- Mobile content: this allows publishers to generate earnings from their mobile websites using targeted Google advertisements. They are similar to Content ads, but they are for mobile websites only.
- Domains: Google AdSense for domains allows advertisements to be placed on the name of the domain that is yet to be developed.
These are the type of Advertisements you can create with Google AdSense.
Related: Google AdMob – How to Sign Up For Google Admob
Pros and Cons of Google AdSense
AdSense is a great of monetizing your site or blog, but before going forward and deciding to use it. You need to know the advantages and disadvantages of the service. Everything in life has its pros and cons and will be looking at some of those on Google AdSense.
- Google AdSense is free and easy to join.
- The eligibility requirements are very simple to provide. That means you can monetize your blog or site even when it’s new.
- There are a variety of Ads options to choose from and very customizable to the way you want.
- They pay monthly using direct deposits.
- Publishers can run ads on different sites using one AdSense account.
- You can choose to run ads on mobile devices and RSS feeds,
- It can easily be added to your Blogger and YouTube accounts.
- Google AdSense account can be terminated in an instant if the rules are broken. It is not very forgiving actually.
- You need the traffic to make money with AdSense.
The above are some of the few pros and cons I have discovered with the platform. I am not saying, the above is all, there are more.
Google AdSense Account
If you are ready to create an account, you need a Google account and your own content from scratch. To create, follow the steps below;
- Visit Google AdSense.
- Then click on “Sign Up”.
- Type in the URL of the website you want to show ads on.
- Enter your email address (Google Mail).
- Choose whether you would like this tool to send customized help and performance suggestions to you.
- Then click on “Save and Continue”.
- Sign in to your Google account.
- Choose your country or territory.
- Review and accept the terms and conditions.
- Lastly, click on “Create Account”.
Your new account will be created and you will be signed in.