Is Google chrome your default device browser? If it is, then you need your undivided attention on this piece. This article has got all the information you need to know about one of the cool features of the Google Chrome browser. In this article, I will be discussing majorly on the Google chrome notifications.
But before I go any further in this article, do you know what the Google chrome notifications are? I bet you don’t know about this feature of the Google Chrome browser. A lot of google chrome users know about the notifications on this browser and only a little piece of the users of this browser knows nothing about it.
Google Chrome Notifications
What is a notification? A notification is a message or a symbol that lets you know when a program or an application is seeking your attention. Notifications can be a very helpful tool when utilized rightly. They let you know of a very pressing issue or matter that needs your attention. In this way, you never get to miss out on anything important to you. As long as the thing is worth your attention it lest you know even when you are not making use of the app.
But in the matter of notifications, well they can be all god and mighty when we refer to them. But do you know that these notifications can sometimes be torn on our flesh? Imagine getting notified continuously about an app or an issue you are not affiliated with? While they are good, they can become disturbing at times and the Google chrome notifications are not left out of this.
One very type of disturbing and annoying notification is the ones you allow unknowingly on the Google Chrome web browser. But all thanks to the platform, you can actually block out these notifications and in a bit, I will be guiding you on how to block them. If also on the other hand you feel like enabling these notifications on your browser, I will be outing you through everything you need to make it a success.
How To Enable Or Disable Google Chrome Notifications
Before I go any further in this article, here is something you first need to know. The notifications on the Google chrome platform are always enabled by default. But however, you can make changes to these settings. To allow or block notifications on Google chrome;
- Open the Chrome web browser on your desktop or computer device.
- Click More at the top right corner of the Google chrome page and select settings.
- Click Site settings under privacy and security.
- Select notifications and choose to allow or block notifications. Here you can choose the ‘allow or block’ option. This is where you get to turn on or off-sites that can ask to send notifications. Block a site: click ‘Add’ and enter the name of the site you want to block and click add next to block. Allow a site: next to the allow tab, click add and enter the name of the site you want to add and click add
You can also choose to allow quieter notification prompts by clicking on the use quieter messaging tab. This will block all notification prompts from interrupting you
- Open the Google Chrome app on your mobile android device.
- Tap more to the right of the address bar and then select settings.
- Tap on settings and then select notifications. At the top of the settings page, turn the setting on or off.
To allow a quieter notification prompt just like I described to your earlier, tap on the use of quieter messaging.