Google cloud storage is one of the best cloud storage platforms there is. Here to provide customers with solutions to more advanced storage challenges. Launched on 19 May 2010, at first it provided its users with storage capacities of up to 100 gig. However, that has since been improved on so users can now access up to 5 terabytes worth of storage space.
GOOGLE CLOUD STORAGE
You can use this platform to store all kinds of storage formats. And that comes along with impressively strong security to all your data on the platform. You can also retrieve deleted files from your storage thanks to its data retrieval feature. It is one of the rare online storage platforms which support versioning, making it possible to retrieve long deleted and overwritten files.
DIFFERENCES BETWEEN GOOGLE DRIVE AND GOOGLE CLOUD STORAGE
There’s more difference between Google cloud storage and Google drive than just their logos. That is, aside from the obvious contrast of their logos, the differences are quite subtle, until you get more clarification. From the billing services to the level of security provided by both of these platforms they are quite different. And these are important factors to consider when choosing the best storage services that suit your needs.
While Google drive is also a storage platform, it isn’t suitable for use at the entrepreneurial level. With Google drive, you can easily sync data, files, documents, photos, videos and so on with your smartphone or computers. It is convenient for small scale personal level tasks. It’s also free and it has a fixed price for optional storage extensions. The storage limit for Google drive is 15 gigabytes and can be increased to 100 gigabytes depending on what storage extension plan you choose.
The security you get with Google drive however is relatively weak compared to Google cloud storage. Also, Google Drive has a limit to the variety of file format types it can store. Video formats, images, documents and a few others are well handled by Google drive, but nothing beyond these. This same limitation does not apply to Google cloud storage. The ability to store all kinds of data formats is one of its key strengths. And all of these amazing features of Google cloud storage comes with a billing fee that is dependent upon the size of files in your storage.
This can be seen as an advantage, as you don’t have to pay for disk space you won’t use. There’s also a free tier version of Google cloud storage, although it comes with its limits based on storage, location and monthly usage. With it, you can oy access up to 5 gigabytes per month. To enjoy the most from this platform, you would need to purchase its paid plans. These are all the factors one should put into consideration when deciding on which platform to use. For businesses and entrepreneurial use, it is the best platform between both.
HOW TO START USING GOOGLE CLOUD STORAGE
It is an easy platform to handle. However, to get started using, you must have a Google account. If you already have a Google mail address, it means you already have a Google account, as they use similar login details.
- Head over to Google console via this link address.
- Sign in to your Google account.
- Once in, go to the project sector page. Next, create a Google cloud project.
- Choose your billing options. Ensure that you have billing enabled for your cloud project.
- Complete the succeeding forms and prompts.
- Once done, you’re in. You can upload and store any data from your computer or whatever device you use to Google cloud storage.
- To do this you will be creating a bucket. Think of a bucket as a folder. The bucket is just a term assigned to storage folders in Google cloud storage.
- As a folder, creating buckets are easy. Name the bucket as you would a folder and proceed to uploading or downloading files from the bucket.
With so many interesting features about Google cloud storage, there are many to benefits from choosing its services as your preferred cloud storage. You can store all kinds of files and be certain of its safety, to be retrieved when and where you like. Specific files can be granted public access, to be shared among a team, in a firm or with friends. Have fun.
Checkout Previous Contents:
- Delete A Facebook Page: Facebook Page Delete | How To Delete Facebook Page
- Facebook Dating App Free Download – Facebook Dating Features 2020 | Create My Facebook Dating Profile
- Google Gmail Login: Google Email Login – Google Gmail Create New User
- Influencer Marketing Platform: Want to be an Influencer?, Try This!!!