A Google Dashboard is a computer activity that allows the users of the internet platform access, view, and control every of their personal information and data collected and recorded by Google.
Now before I go very deep into this topic of today. I will also want you to have an idea of what a Dashboard is. A Dashboard is a platform where two or more users meet that arranges and presents details and information that is simple to read and understand.
Having an account connected to this dashboard lets you have a brief view of your life on the internet. Such as; your search history, items you have searched for on the internet, your Google plus history, your Google play apps, videos you have watched online, YouTube history and lots more.
Once you are logged in, this service summarizes your information for every activity of a user and provides links to those activities. The only details shared on this board are the details provided when you are logged in, and all data and details in this board are considered to be private except the settings are changed. Google gives you the chance to control and manage all of your details that they provide and allows these presented data to be completely removed from each application.
Purpose of the Google Dashboard
The main purpose of this board is that a lot of people have the chance to access and view a central location to find what information has been recorded about them by Google. This board also gives users a way to control and manage their accounts for every service they make use of. Direct links are also attached to these services they use, and this means that if you want to take full control your Gmail account, the link to manage your account will be located in your dashboard.
How to Create a Google Dashboard
These boards contain gadgets that give you a general view of the pieces of information you need the most. The steps below will teach you how to create your dashboard;
- Open your web browser and go to https://analytics.google.com/analytics.
- Access your “view”.
- Open your “reports”.
- Click on “Customization” and click on “dashboards”.
- Click on “+New dashboard”.
- In the dialog of the create dashboard, choose between “Blank canvas” (without widgets) and “starter dashboard” (with widgets).
- Give your dashboard a short description, and click on “ Create Dashboard”.
How to Access the Google Dashboard
This dashboard also gives a full view of every activity connected to your Google account. This includes your bookmarks, your apps, your password, your data, your settings, and so many others. To access this board from Google, follow the steps below;
- Go to your Google chrome browser and sign in to your Google account.
- Click on “customize and control google chrome” and select settings.
- Here you will find the Google dashboard, click on it.
- The dashboard will be displayed to you.
- If you want to clear any data, click on “stop and clear”. This is optional