Google Drive Backup Download. There are a lot of activities when it comes to Google Drive, especially how to make a Backup Download. Google Drive is an app that is developed by Google. It helps to store and synchronize files across all connected devices.
It offers users a compact ability with windows, macOS, Android, iOS, and tablets. Its cloud storage enables users to safely upload and sync files, and with the backup download, all your files and documents are saved.
Google Drive Backup Download
One of Google Drive’s best features is its integration with Google’s office suite of cloud-native apps. Some uses will gravitate to these programs, which includes Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, and a lot more.
Not only that uses can create and edit documents, but they also enjoy real-time collaboration as Drive is equipped with intuitive tools. Some of the major lists of activities that can be done on Drive is storing files, sharing files, access to files from anywhere, comprehensive search, and secure storage.
This is a cloud-based storage solution that allows users to save files online and access them anywhere from their smartphones, tablet, or computer. There are a lot of advantages to using this Drive platform. It offers benefits like easier file sharing and having a remote location to backup your files.
Google Drive App
Google Drive has both a web version and a mobile app. Both interfaces are unique, user friendly, and fun to use. You can access the web version via the URL https://www.google.com/drive/. Or you can download the app on your device for quick usage.
Google Drive Download
To download the app:
- Head to your device app store or play store
- Search for Drive
- Tap on Download
- The app will be downloaded and installed
You can access this app from your app menu on your smartphone.
Google Drive Sign In
If you already have a Google account, then you automatically have 15GB of free storage on Google Drive. This storage can be upgraded to 50GB, 500GB or more as you may prefer. Below is how to sign in to your Google Drive Account.
What you should know is that a Gmail (Google Mail) is all needed to sign in to your Drive account. Head to the Drive app on your mobile phone, and tap on Sign in or create an account. This is similar to creating a Google Account. Fill in your details and hit the sign-in options.
How to Use Google Drive Apps
Using the Google Drive App is easy and can be done with a well-written guide such as this one. A lot of users find it difficult to get their photos or files backed up on Google, while others don’t even know if this can be done.
Let’s check on how to upload a file to Google. Note that uploading a file to Google can be otherwise known as backing up a file to Google.
How to Backup Files to Google Drive App
Firstly, you will have to:
- Launch the Drive app on your device
- Sign in to your Google account
- Tap on the plus (+) icon at the bottom right corner. This icon is the create a new option
- Select either file; upload, scan, Google Docs, Google Sheets, or Google Slides
- The folder option will let you create a folder name on your Drive
- Select the upload option to directly select what you want to backup on Google
- Tap on either your Gallery (to upload photos), Files, music, etc.
- Select each of the files you want to backup or hit the select all option
- After selection, tap on the select option from the top right section
And your files will begin to be uploaded to the Google Drive
How to Restore Backups from Google Drive App
You have to first upload files from your device to Google Drive. And then to download your files and document from Google, follow the below steps:
- Get to the Google Drive platform by visiting the web interface or the mobile app
- Sign in to your Google Account or select the account you want to use if there is more than one signed in to the device
- You can tap on the More option at the top left of the screen and select Google Photos. But for files, tap on the Files option from the bottom right corner.
- Select the photos or files to be restored or select all
- Tap on the download icon to restore them to your device
And that’s it.