Google Finance is a site that focuses on business news and other financial information and it’s hosted by Google. Google Finance was first used on March 21, 2006. According to Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Finance “The services featured business and enterprise headlines for many corporations including their financial decisions and major news events.”
On September 22, 2017, Google announced that the Google Finance website would be embarking on a renovation that the portfolio features will come up again by the middle of November 2017. By 2018, the site came up again after renovation. New features were added, old portfolio features were migrated to the new website. Continue to read further on Google Finance.
it is said to be the best tool to use for your investment. For your individual stocks and investing your money to earn, it is the right site to carry out your proper research. Also, a place to learn more about investment in stock strategies that will assist you in reaching your financial goals.
However, one of the strategies in investing is using Exchange-traded funds (ETFs). With ETF it, therefore, means that you do not have to choose individual stocks rather, they will be chosen for you. For example, if you wish to make an investment in gold stocks but do not which of the sticks to select, with the Google Finance portfolio tool such an issue will be handled for you.
Getting Started With Google Finance
On the website, there is a sidebar and you’ll see a section known as the World Markets. In this section, you will see how stock markets are going on in different countries. Also, you’ll see a Currency section, where you’ll see different currencies stocks competing with each other.
Bond yields are listed in that section too. Another section is Summary, where you’ll see how different industries are thriving on a global scale. Industries like Healthcare, Technology, and Energy.
However, you will get all stock-related information on the site including the price-to-earnings ratio, which shows as an indicator if the price of the stock is overpriced. Recently, Google has removed its old portfolio tool on its site.
But they still use a mechanism that can be used to import holdings then Google Finance will track them for you. In case you want to keep your investment plans private, you can use the fraction formula to ensure your investment is confidential.
Also, with the fundamentals widget, you can search for vital information on the P/E ratio, volatility, and market cap. It shows you a wide range of overviews that may be used to make good investment decisions. Google Finance offers the best Investment information than the rest including newspapers.
How To Create A Stock Portfolio in Google Finance
To start using this platform, an active Google account. The steps are very simple if you have a Google account already. Once the process is complete, you can begin to set up your portfolio
To begin, get to Google Finance, and tab on the link “Portfolio” at the upper side of the portfolio. Next, create and name your portfolio, then begin adding the stocks and mutual funds of choice to track.
However, there exist two methods to use and view Google Finance, there are as follows:
The fundamentals help you to view the last price, market capitalization, earnings per share of each stock, average volume, 52-week lows and highs, and P/E. Access to the transaction in the platform
Additionally, if you’re not conversant with the platform, setting the Google Finance portfolio will be confusing when you start. But as soon you get your way, you’ll realize all that the platform offers especially all the information you need for your investment research.
Here in the overview section, you’ll see the prices of stock. Also, the stock market capitalization, its movement, volume, and the high and low prices per day.
Using this platform for your investment research provides you with all the necessary information on stock market investment. You can leverage the information on the platform. For further details go to https://www.google.com/finance/
Google Finance Mobile App
In addition to its website, Google Finance offers a mobile app that allows users to access financial information on the go. The Google Finance app is available for both Android and iOS devices, making it convenient for users to stay updated on their investments and the latest financial news.
Key features of the Google Finance mobile app include:
- Portfolio Management: You can track your investment portfolio directly from your mobile device. Add and manage your stocks, mutual funds, and other investments with ease.
- Real-Time Stock Quotes: Get up-to-the-minute stock prices and market data, enabling you to make informed decisions quickly.
- News and Insights: Stay informed with the latest financial news, market trends, and expert insights from various sources.
- Custom Alerts: Set up custom alerts for specific stocks or market conditions to receive notifications when there are significant changes or events affecting your investments.
- Watchlists: Create personalized watchlists to keep an eye on stocks or sectors that interest you without necessarily adding them to your portfolio.
- Currency Converter: Access a currency converter to monitor currency exchange rates, which can be valuable for international investors.
- User-Friendly Interface: The app features an intuitive and user-friendly design, making it accessible for both novice and experienced investors.
To get started with the Google Finance mobile app:
- Download and install the app from the Google Play Store (for Android) or the Apple App Store (for iOS).
- Sign in with your Google account or create one if you don’t have it already.
- Set up your investment portfolio and customize your settings as needed.
With the mobile app, you have a powerful tool at your fingertips to manage your investments, stay informed about market developments, and make well-informed financial decisions wherever you are.
In conclusion, Google Finance provides a comprehensive platform for investors to research stocks, track their portfolios, and access real-time financial information. Whether you’re using the website or the mobile app, it’s a valuable resource for individuals looking to make informed investment decisions.