Google Gboard – How to Set Up Google Gboard
The Google Gboard is a software component that allows the input of characters without the need for physical keys, and this tool was created and developed by Google. It presently supports Android, Tablets and IOS devices. It was launched on IOSdevices in May 2016, and the launching on Android devices followed in December 2016.
This keyboard feature works with the Google Search function and includes the web search results and predictive answers, convenient search experience and sharing of emoji contents. At the initial time of its launch, this keyboard only supported English language, but as time went on gradually more languages were added to the system, with over 100 languages.
So readers, if you are not okay with the present keyboard on your Android or IOS devices, you can easily swap it to the ultimate Google Gboard.
Features of the Google Gboard
There are great features contained in this keyboard that you should get to know about. You would never want to miss out on this one.
- Typing of texts and translation
- Draw an emoji with your finger to search for a particular emoji
- Search for emojis and GIFs
- Share GIFs
- Glide typing
- Search Google for items you need
- Sync’s your devices
- Add a number row so you do not have to keep on switching from alphabet to numeric
How to Set Up Google Gboard
Setting up this keyboard on your Android devices actually varies and depends on the version of Android you are making use of. In some versions, the app has been automatically set up, while in others you have to set it up manually.
- Open the app and click on “Enable in Settings”
- Enable the app. On the settings page, turn the Gboard keyboard “On” and you receive a message informing you that the app will manage every text you type. Click on “OK” to enable it
- Choose the input method. Tap “Select Input Method”
- Choose your keyboard
- Finalize the process. Click on “Done” to complete the process
- You can now test your app.
You can get this app from the Google play store. If you do not have the Play store on your mobile device, go to play.google.com on your web browser in order to get the Google Gboard app. When you open the play store, search for the Gboard app