Google Hangouts – How to Create a Hangout Account
Google Hangouts is communication software owned and developed by Google which comprises of functions like video chat, SMS and the “voice over internet protocol”. It is a platform for voice communications and multimedia on the internet. It actually consists of three messaging platforms that Google created within its service, they are Google plus messenger, Google hangout and Google talk.
This feature allows for communication and interaction between two or more members. This service can be accessed on the internet through Google or Gmail web pages or through the Google Hangout mobile app, which is supported by the Android and IOS devices. Chat histories of users are being saved online; allowing them to be in exactly the same state, photos can also be shared during chat conversations of users, which are uploaded in the Google plus album. Users also have the chance to make use of color emojis to express themselves during a conversation with one another.
Benefits of Google Hangouts
In our present internet era, Google is where your work begins. It is the very first place you visit when you are in search of an item or an idea. You interact with your business partners, your colleagues and clients on Gmail, you process your numbers on Google sheets, you document reports in Google Docs and you begin a video call on Hangouts to get everyone on the same page. But did you notice there is something missing? Yes, the connection between each of these items listed above, working on this project is something only you are able to make use of. And that is the best reason to make use of the Google Hangouts feature.
The Google hangouts sidekick, “Hangouts Chat” is G Suite’s business chat tool. Just like the Google Talk text medium and Hangouts video calls, the new Hangout Chat is a facilitated platform to discuss ideas with others. And this time, everyone is involved.
How to Use the Google Hangouts Feature
This service allows its users to access the video chat feature, to work together across the world and also share pieces of information and ideas with so much ease. In order for you to make use of this service, here’s what you should do:
How to Create a Hangout Account
- You have to sign into Google plus. You will need to have a Google account for this, which is the one you use for Gmail. The Google plus platform is a social network for Google account owners.
- Find the Hangout button. After you have signed in to Google plus with your email and password, you will find Hangouts located on the left side of the page. Here you will also find a list of your contacts you emailed recently.
- Create a New Hangout. Tap on the “+ new Hangout” tab at the top of the Hangouts list. This list will actually change to a list of your Google plus circles and your contacts. Go through the box close to the contacts you want to add to the Hangout.
- Select a Format for your Hangout. You will be given options to start a text Hangout or a video Hangout. You can use the video chat or text chat anytime and anywhere!
Chatting On Your Google Plus Hangouts
- You can add a color emoji to your conversation. If you click on the smiley face on the left side of your Hangouts field, you will see a list of emojis that you can make use of.
- You can share pictures. You can add pictures to your Hangout conversation by tapping the camera icon on the right side of your message bar.
- Also, you can change and manage your chat settings.
- You can digress from a text chat to a video chat. Click on the video camera icon at the top of your chat box. The other user will get a notification that you want to video chat with him/her.