Maybe I don’t know much, but there actually is one thing I know. And what is that? One thing I know for sure is that the days of phone books are coming to an end. And do you know what this means for businesses that still rely on them? Well, I don’t need to tell you as you should have grasped the message already. Most businesses that refuse to go down this line are now moving their businesses online and for all l the right reasons. Moving your business online is something that Google my business can give to you for free. This is not only a good thing but it is also great for business and makes it easier to find.
Google My Business
What is Google my business? Google my business is a free tool developed and managed by Google. This free tool lets users manage how their local businesses appear across Google products such as maps and search features. Do you know that businesses that have registered with this platform are considered legit and reputable by users? Google my business simply helps people and users find you. If you run a business that attends to persons in a particular geographical region then you will find this tool very effective and useful. When you maintain your business presence on Google my business platform and other Google products, customers can easily find and discover the products and services you provide,. They can choose to contact you and then find your location.
Why Use Google My Business
Now you have heard o this Google product and service and what it can do for you and your business, but you still just aren’t convinced about the platform. Here are some other reasons why you should list your business on Google’s products and services using the Google my business tool. With Google my business tool you get to maintain accurate information about your business online with your customers. You get to always update your customers with your hours, location, phone number, and website if there is any. Another reason why you should make use of this product is that you get to interact with your customers directly.
One of the ways you get to interact with your customers with this tool is that you get to post photos and videos if allowed of your business. When it comes to reviews also, you get to collate them and see how you can improve on your business. Lastly, the reason why you should make use of this Google tool is that you get to attract new customers. The truth is that when you improve the way your business is seen online, you attract new customers. It’s that simple. When you provide basic pieces of information, you point new customers to your website and your shop locations.
How To Sign Up For Google My Business
Before you proceed with signing up for this Google tool, you will need to have a registered Google account in place. It also might be possible that there might be an old business registered with the location of your business on the platform. Do not claim it. This is what you should do instead. You should edit that business and mark it as closed. After doing that you should proceed with creating a new listing for your new business. To get started;
- Go to the Google my business platform here.
- Sign in to your Google account and click on next.
- Enter your business or chain address and click on next. You may be prompted to place a marker on the location of your business. Do this and click on the Next button.
- Next, select how your business will appear or display on Google maps. Enter an address for your business if there is one and click on next. If on the other hand, you don’t serve customers at your business location, click on I deliver goods and services to my customers, list your service areas, and click on next.
- Search or a business category and select it. Click on next.
- Enter a URL for your business website if there is one and a mobile phone number and click on finish.
- You will be provided with an option to create a free website based on the pieces of information you have provided.
- Lastly, you will need to select a verification option or means. If you would love to verify at the moment, click the ‘verify now’ banner at the top of the page.
To verify later, click on verify later and then on later. If on the other hand you are authorized to manage the business profile, locate a person or authorized personnel and continue with the process.
Google My Business Verification
After signing up with this platform you will be prompted to verify your account to begin using the services of the platform. to verify your account with this platform;
- After setting up your account, at the top of the page, click mail.
- Enter the name of the person you want the verification postcard mailed to. Or you can leave this position blank and have the postcard sent to the address you provided for your business.
- Next, click on send postcard
- Wait for the postcard to arrive which will take place within 14 days. The postcard sent will include a unique verification code. You will have to enter this verification code in a field in the Google my business platform to confirm your business.
- After receiving the postcard, sign in to google my business platform here.
- Under the verification needed tab, click verify now or click verify location in the left menu.
Follow the on-screen instructions from the next page to enter the code sent for you. You have now successfully entered your business on google my business platform.