Google Plus Community – How to Join and Leave a Google Plus Community
Google Plus Community
You can connect and interact with people who share the same interest with you by finding and joining a private or public Google plus community. Stay up to date and get the latest headlines on what is going on in your communities. By viewing community posts through your stream and getting notifications. When you find and join a community in google plus, you automatically see posts shared on that community in your home stream and you can also share your posts to the community. You can belong to a private or public community.
On Google Plus, members have the ability to control and manage the people and brands they receive contents and information from. And this is where google plus community comes in. This version is a group or board created to bring a lot of people from all over the globe around specific topics. This feature was launched for general availability in December. And the communities contained in this Google+ version really seem endless – counting from animals, development, science, education and lots more.
A community is a forum where users from around and all over the world can post and share questions. Also, they can share contents and make comments that relate to a specific topic together with other members who seem interested in the conversation. Let us take an instance. Where you belong to a cooking community on google plus. It is mandatory that every post on that community contains something related to food and recipe. And if any member should post a content not related to that particular topic, a moderator or administrator would definitely intervene and bring that member to order. This community forum has about 135 million monthly active users who explore so much on these communities. But for those of you who have little or no idea on this topic, I will be telling you so much about it so you do not feel left out.
How to Find and Join a Google Plus Community
- On your mobile device or computer, open your web browser and go to plus.google.com but you have to make sure you have a valid email with a google account before you can access the Google plus page.
- You find a community in two ways:
- Using the search bar at the top of your screen tagged “search Google+”. Tap on it and type in a topic that interests you. You will find a community that concerns that topic.
- In the navigation menu at the bottom of your screen, tap on “communities” then click on “discover” and scroll through the list of communities shown to you.
- To view the community before joining, you have to click on the community.
- After finding a community that is of interest to you, click on “join”.
Types of Google Plus Community
Now, there are two types of communities like I earlier said, they are; public communities and private communities. Let me give you a brief note on how these communities function in their different ways.
How public communities work;
- When you join a public community, anyone from anywhere can view the posts you share and posts shared by members of that community.
- You can view posts on the pages of a public community even if you are not a member of the community.
- Only members that belong to the community are allowed to share a post in a community.
How Private Communities Work;
- Members of the community and people who have been invited to join a private community are allowed to see who is currently in the community.
- When you join a private community, only members of the community can see your posts and not just any person.
And in case you want to leave a community, there are ways to do that. When you leave a community:
- You will not be able to see the community’s page.
- Also, you will not get regular updates from that community in your home stream.
- You will not be able to share posts in that community.
To Leave A Community:
- On your smartphone or computer, go to plus.google.com (your google account).
- At the upper left side of your screen, click on “menu” with the icon of three vertical lines. After that, click on “communities”.
- Tap on the community you want to leave.
- At the top of the left panel, select “more options” with the icon of three dots.
- Click on “leave community.
- Click “leave”.