Google Slides allows you to create, edit, collaborate, and also present where you are. The amazing thing is that it is free. There are lots of things you can do with Slides such as creating new presentations or editing existing files. It is simple and alos free for anyone to use and compatible with any device type including iOS and Android devices. You can use anywhere and at anytime with the smartphone application once it is downloaded and installed into your device. Google Slides is easy to use and has a great user interface that makes it perfect for anyone to use. Read on to learn more about Slides.
Get a head start with templates, you can choose from a variety of pitches, portfolios, and other pre-made presentations using Google Slides. It is a presentation program included as apart of a free web-based software office suite.
Google Slides is offered by Google within its Google Drive service. Not only is Google Slides available as a web app, but both also a mobile app for Android, Windows, iOS, Blackberry, and also a desktop app on Google’s ChromeOS. Use this URL to learn more about Google Slides https://www.google.com/slides/about/
It allows users to create and edit presentations online while collaborating with others in real-time. Edits made on the service are tracked by the user with a revision history that tracks changes to the presentation.
Features of Google Slides
The Google service has some really interesting features and below I will be listing them. Google Slides features include the following;
In the editing section, you have;
- Collaboration and revision history: the slides serve as a collaborative tool for cooperative editing of real-time presentations. They are shared, opened, and also edited by multiple users simultaneously and users are able to see slide by slide and character by character changes as others make edits.
- Explore: this part provides additional functionality to the Drive suite via machine learning.
- Action Items: in Google slides, if a user writes the name of someone the presentation is shared with, the service will assign that action to the person.
- Add Ons: add on is a tool from third-party developers that adds other features to Google Sheets.
- Offline editing
In this section, you have;
- Supported File formats and limits: presentations on Google slides can be saved as ppt, pptx, pptm, pps, ppsx, ppsm, pot, potx, and also potm.
The platform application is free to use for users, but also available as a part of the business-centered G Suite. G Suite is a service Google which is a monthly subscription that enables additional business functionalities.
Now, there are other features you could still find on the service, but you have to use the platform to enjoy or rather see those features.
Google Slides Theme
You can discover plenty of the best Slides themes and Powerpoint templates that you can use in your presentation using this URL https://slidesgo.com/.
Google Slides App
The application of this platform allows you to create, edit, and also collaborate with others from anywhere. It is available for any device type including iOS and Android. With the Slides app on your device, you can;
- Share presentations and collaborate in the same presentation.
- Work anywhere, anytime online, or offline.
- Respond and add comments.
- Add and rearrange slides, format text, and also shapes and many more.
- You can present directly from your smartphone.
- Create or design beautiful slides instantly using Explore.
- You can make video calls, open, edit and save Powerpoint files.
Now, there is so much more you can do with this platform, however, to use the app on your device, you need to install it. The platform asks for some permissions to enable better use of the app on your device. Permissions like Camera (for video call), microphone( to transmit audio in calls), photos (to access photos under the control of Photos application).
Google Slides Download
The app is simple, free, and very fast to download and install on your device. To download Slides follow the instructions below;
- Launch the app store on your device and enter Google Slides.
- Tap on the first Slides app shown to load its information page.
- Then tap on “Install”.
The app will be downloaded and installed immediately into your device for use. Now that the app is downloaded and install into your device the step will be to using the app.