What is Google street view? I know that you may have heard of the Google street view product tool, but have you ever wondered what it really is? With no further ado, let me tell you what Google street view is all about.
Street view is a product or feature of the Google maps feature. This is a visual representation of your surroundings on Google maps. This feature consists of millions of panoramic images. The contents of this tool and feature come from Google and contributors or users.
Do you know what this means? It simply means that you too can be a contributor by adding content to the Google street view platform.
Google Street View
Google street view is a very important aspect of the Google map feature. With the Google street view feature, people will get to find your business easily. Therefore in general, you get to engage your customers and in the process drive conversions to your business.
With the street view feature, you get to give existing and potential customers a quality virtual tour that leads them right to your shop front and engages with your business.
Do you know that when people search for businesses online, they make use of mapping products at a high 44% of the time? Research has also shown that when you list your products with photos and a virtual tour or representation, customers are twice as likely to generate interest in your business.
You can either choose to add photos or street view from where your business is all by yourself r you can choose to employ an agency or a professional in the game to help you with it.
How To Use Street View In Google Maps
With the street view feature, you can easily explore various landmarks and parts of the world without having to literally be there. You even get to step inside places such as arenas, museums, stadiums, monumental places and so much more.
This feature is more like an extra set of eyes. Before going on that vacation you have always wanted to go on, you can use this feature to scan out the place first. You can make use of Google street view in three ways and they include;
- Search for a place or address in Google maps.
- Drag Pegman to a place on the map.
- Search for a place or address in Google search.
To Search For A Place Or Address In Google Maps;
- Go to Google maps here.
- Click on the place marker on a map or search for a place.
- Select a photo with the street view icon on the left column.
- Now when you are done with the view, click on the back arrow icon at the top left corner of the page to go back.
- Go to google maps.
- Click on Pegman in the bottom right corner of the page.
- Drag the Pegman to the area you want to explore.
- Unclick the Pegman when you arrive in an area you want to explore on the blue line or an orange dot on the map.
- When you are done with your exploration, click on the back arrow icon at the top left corner of the page.
Using Google Search
- Go to Google search here.
- Using the search bar, enter a place or an address and search.
- On the search result, click on the photo with the label ‘see outside’.
To See Street Imagery From The Past
- On the page, drag the Pegman into the map.
- Click on the time icon.
- Use the slider tool to go back further in time at the bottom of the page.
- To exit this view, go to the top left corner and click on the back arrow icon.
That’s how you make use of the google street view feature of Google maps.