Google in today’s world is very much like a household name. Personally, I haven’t seen anyone who doesn’t know the name or heard of the name Google. Many people know Google as a mere search engine. If you are a person who makes use of the internet often you will know that Google represents more than that. in this article, I will be writing on the google tasks which is a google tool and feature. This tool is one of the most important and most used tools of all of googles tools. But come to think of it, do you know what this is and what it is all about? In the course of this article, I will be revealing to you what google tasks is.
What is google tasks? ‘Google tasks’ is a place where you can create a list of items or tasks that you want to do. Well, not just do, but things you want to accomplish. with this tool, you can create multiple lists via this tool. You can make a list for grocery items, hardware stores and so much more. with the google tasks tool, you will be ab
Google has a lot of cool features and I am going to be writing about one of these features in this article. The Google feature I am going to be writing on today is the google task feature. This is one of the many features of Google. Google task is a bonus that always comes free with a Gmail account, but you can only get it if you have not switched already. To get this bonus, follow these easy steps;
- Locate your mobile browser and launch it.
- On the search bar navigate to gmail.com.
- If you are not logged in, you’ll have to log in. then on the top right corner locate the settings button and click on it.
- Now select the option that says “try the new Gmail”.
This new Gmail allows you to view attachments, snooze an email, watch appointments in your inbox, and lots more.
This tool also have an app that easily lets you set your tasks on google mail. Google tasks also keep notes, google tasks can also be located on google calendars.
How To Get Access To Google Tasks
Follow the steps below to access the google tasks tool, follow the steps below;
- On your mobile or PC locate your browser then launch it.
- On your browser locate your search bar and navigate to Gmail.
- If you have a Gmail account login, but if you don’t have to continue to signup.
- Fill in your name and the rest required information respectively and click on the Next button.
- On this page, you’ll require a mobile number, in case you have to fill it in the required field and click on the Next button.
- Wait for at least one minute and you would receive a confirmation code, input this code in the required box, and hit the create my account icon.
If you followed the above steps correctly, it’s great because you now have access to the new google task feature. What’s left now that you have your account is how to view it.
How To View Google Tasks In Gmail
Viewing and accessing google tasks from your Gmail account is very much possible. I was shocked to see that many people don’t know about it. Gmail is one of the primary places where you can access this tool from beside the mobile app and the chrome extension. To view this platform in Gmail, follow the steps below;
- Login to your Gmail account.
- On your mails page hit the action that says tasks from the drop-down menu.
- Now your tasks list will be displayed at the bottom left corner of the new window.
- On this particular page input the task name.
- Fill the task details in the details box that will be provided for you, and hit the view due date button.
When you follow the steps above correctly, you will be able to access and view google tasks from your Gmail account.
Tasks Google Create
To successfully create a task on Google, follow the steps below;
- First, open the mail you want to create a task for.
- Hit the more icon and then select the option that says “add to tasks”.
- Create a name for the task, and you should already have a task on google.
You can also make tasks subtask of another task on google task.
Google Tasks For Chrome
Do you know that there is a chrome extension for google tasks? If the google chrome browser is your default or main devices browser, then you can install the extension. To install this extension to your chrome browser is easy. to do this, follow the steps below;
- Go to the chrome web store.
- Using the search bar, search for google tasks.
- From the search results, click on the add to the chrome tab for the full screen for google tasks.
This extension will be added to your chrome web browser immediately.
How To Use Google Tasks
Making use of this tool is easy but only if you know how to. Its quite unfortunate though that there are some users or persons who would love to make use of this tool, but just don’t know to go about it. in this article, I will be telling you all you need to know to successfully make use of this tool.
- Go to Gmail from your desktop device.
- Click on tasks on the right side of your desktop screen.
Create A Task
- Go to your Gmail account page and click on tasks from the right side of the screen.
- At the top of the tasks page, click on the down arrow.
- From the drop-down menu, click on the create a new list tab.
- Enter a name for your list and click done.
Switch Between Lists
- Follow the steps above to open the google tasks from your Gmail.
- Click the down arrow at the top of your tasks page.
- Lastly, click on the task you want.
Rename A List
- Open the page from your Gmail account page following the steps above.
- Click on the more icon.
- Next, click on the rename list button.
- Enter a new name for your list and click on done.
- Download the google task app.
Create a task or a list
- Open the google task app on your device.
- On the task app page, tap on add a new task.
- Enter a task.
- Add date and time to repeat a task and tap save.
Change a task
- Open the google task app on your device.
- Tap on the task you want to edit and change the task info.
- Tap on the back button.
To mark a task as complete, open the task app on your mobile device. To the left of a task, tap on the complete button.
Delete a task
- From the google task app, tap on the task you want to delete.
- Tap the delete button.
The task will be deleted immediately.