GrEEn Incubation and Acceleration Programme 2021 is offering support for the growth and expansion of your green business.
It is a four-year action from the European Union, the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Ghana, SNV Netherlands Development Organization, and the United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF).
Recommended for You >>> Venture for Africa Fellowship Program 2021
The programme is aimed at creating greater economic and employment opportunities for youth, women, and returning migrants by promoting and supporting sustainable, green business in two selected regions in Ghana; Ashanti and Western. GrEEn is implemented under the European Union Emergency Trust Fund (EUTF) for Africa.
GrEEn Incubation and Acceleration Programme 2021
The GrEEn incubation and acceleration programs aim at serving and strengthening enterprises in:
- Eco-inclusive business model development
- Financial management
- Product development
- Access to Finance
- Market development and linkages
- Business regulatory compliance
Investment Readiness (under the Acceleration Programme)
The programs consist of;
- Online and offline training sessions in business model development, leadership, financial management, marketing, and sales, etc.
- Coaching and mentoring by industry experts and successful businessmen/women
- Pitching sessions with investors and financial institutions
- Opportunity to compete for a matching grant from the GrEEn challenge fund.
Application deadline for the first cohorts: 4 December 2020
Application deadline for the second cohorts: 29 January 2021.
What is a Green Business?
A green business is one that contributes to protecting and restoring the natural environment and reduces any harm caused to it. In the context of the GrEEn project (insert a link to the main GrEEn page), green businesses may include one or all of the following aspects:
- Efficient use of resources, e.g. energy, water.
- Protection of natural resources, e.g. soil, water, forests, biodiversity.
- Reduction of waste and losses (especially in relation to food crops) along the value chains: e.g. through solar drying, solar cooling facilities.
- Promoting the circular economy, e.g. re-use, upcycling, recycling
- Reduction of carbon emissions.
- Resilience against climate change, e.g. conservation agriculture and climate-smart agriculture.
- Reduction of waste and pollutionn.
- Get 6 months of business development support from our partner hubs.
- Get access to industry experts and successful businessmen/women (local and international) who will serve as mentors.
- Improved access to funding – through innovative financial services as crowdfunding, concessional financing, etc.
- Market linkages to complementary service providers and actors in the green ecosystem
- Peer-to-peer networking and exchanges.
- Expert support to achieve business growth and expansion (Acceleration Programme).
Who can Qualify?
- The owner(s) of the business must be aged 15-35 years. (*Women can be above the age of 35 but no older than 40).
- The business must have an innovative product or service in the Agriculture, Renewable Energy, and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) sector.
- The entrepreneur must be resident and have their business located in the Ashanti or Western Region for at least 6 months.
- The business must have a green or eco-inclusive model.
- The start-up must have a high potential for job creation among youth.
- The business must have been registered for at least two years. Exceptions will be made for unregistered businesses with a proof of concept of an innovative solution or product. The business can be for-profit or not-for-profit, but the product/service offered must be financially viable.
- The entrepreneur must be available for the duration of the programme and must be able to attend at least 80% of all programme activities.
- The entrepreneur must not be engaged in any conflicting programme for the duration of the incubation programme. A conflicting programme maybe another programme providing incubation and acceleration and/or business development services.
Criteria of Selection
Here are the selection criteria for the programme;
- All applications submitted to GrEEn are assessed.
- GrEEn staff, its partner hubs, and external experts review the applications according to a standard set of criteria.
- Those SMEs that pass the initial screening will be invited to complete a more detailed application form.
- SMEs that are shortlisted will be invited to an interview: a panel consisting of GrEEn staff, its partner hubs, and external experts will discuss the business idea and model in detail with the applicants. The judges will score applicants according to a set of selection criteria.
For more information about the programme, visit the official site of GrEEn Incubation Programme.
The application process is easy. Click this link https://bitly.com/GrEEn-incubation to apply.