GYCN, Global Youth Climate Network is an initiative of the Youth to Youth (Y2Y) made up of a community of young professionals at the World Bank Group is excited about the launch of the 2021 Climate Ambassador Program.
Recommended for You >>> Edinburgh Global Undergraduate Mathematics Scholarships 2021
The program seeks motivated young leaders across the world with a passion for climate change and sustainable development, and a proven track record in youth community engagement and empowerment.
Why Become a Climate Ambassador?
There is actually no planet B! Climate Change is the basic defining issue of this generation and we all need to take bold action now for possible solutions.
The Ambassadors of this program will have the opportunity to act as youth catalysts throughout the whole world, working together on initiatives that raise awareness and mitigate climate change.
Climate Ambassador is a nine-month online program that provides an educational and leadership opportunity for young leaders to tap into the WBG global knowledge on climate change and sustainable development, deepen understanding of climate change complexities in a rapidly changing global environment, learn how to design and also implement various climate actions.
Also, to effectively lead initiatives to mitigate climate change and also to tackle the most pressing issues in their communities.
The Climate Ambassador program also provides an excellent opportunity for young leaders to connect and amplify their message and scale up the climate action that is needed to be taken.
Who can be an Ambassador for the Program?
To be an ambassador you must be able to have followed;
- Must be 18-35 years old at the time of application and through the end of September.
- You have to be a dynamic, innovative changemaker, and also creative.
- Must be passionate about climate change and sustainable development.
- You must be motivated to design and lead climate initiative and impact your community
- Have a proven track record in youth empowerment and community engagement and also have the ambition to grow to your full potential.
If the above characteristics are a part of you, then you are ready to be on the team that makes changes.
What are the Key Pillars of the Climate Ambassador Program?
- Learn: learn from World Bank Group experts and knowledge partners on the most pressing climate change issues and gain solid leadership skills to inspire and empower others in your communities.
- Act: commit to achieving at least three climate actions in your communities.
- Network: connect with like-minded youth across the globe to learn, exchange ideas, develop joint initiatives and projects, and amplify your impact.
- Engage: join an active and connected Global Alumni Community of Climate Ambassadors upon successful completion of the program.
What it means to be an Ambassador
- To be a climate ambassador means you must commit 3 hours per week to act in their role between January through September 2021.
- You must be available to attend the opening orientation and closing sessions and also the biweekly online sessions on climate knowledge and leadership.
- Must complete at least 3 climate-related actions in their communities.
- Actively participate in GYCN social media campaigns.
Applicants must meet the selection criteria below;
- Applicants must have past and current experience as a youth leader in communities at the local, regional, national, or global level and must have demonstrated an ability to organize community activities is an advantage.
- Passion for climate change and sustainable development, and motivation to take actions and empower others.
- Scale and strength of the applicant’s network and active presence on any of the social media platforms.
- The potential impact of the applicant’s proposed contributions to their communities and networks.
The evaluation and selection process of the program will take into account various factors such as your age diversity, gender, and also the geographic locations.
Apply by December 23, 2020, through the online
Questions? Email us at email@example.com