Heineken Africa Foundation Grant is calling on Sub-Saharan Africa countries seeking proposals to improve the health situation in Africa. The grant is a long-standing commitment to Africa project are only carried out in the Sub-Saharan Africa countries in which HEINEKEN is operating.
Table of Contents
- HEINEKEN Africa Foundation Grant
- Eligible Countries for the Heineken Africa Foundation Grant
- Eligibility for the Heineken Africa Foundation
- Heineken Africa Foundation Excludes Projects
- How to Apply
Heineken Africa Foundation Grant
Heineken launched its foundation in 2007 to support the health sector for the people living in Sub-Saharan Africa communities by financially supporting relevant health projects and health-related education issues. The projects are carried out in countries in which Heineken is operating.
The aim is to improve the lives of people in a defined local geographic area. They bring together the financial resources of individuals, families, and businesses to support effective nonprofits in their communities through the Heineken foundations.
At the creation of the Heineken Africa Foundation, the board made €10 million available and in 2010 Heineken donated an additional €10 million to the foundation. They are to help Sub-Saharan Africa to help them build a strong project for them in other to make their economy grow. The foundation is to make those African countries improve the growth in their communities.
The combined efforts of the private sector partner (Heineken), the NGOs (Heineken Africa Foundation and local partnering NGOs) and public organizations (Local Governments and Community Organizations), offer a strong basis for sustainable healthcare development and improvement in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Eligible Countries for the Heineken Africa Foundation Grant
Below is the list of countries eligible for the Heineken Africa Foundation:
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
Eligibility for the Heineken Africa Foundation
For countries to be eligible for the foundation they need to an eligible project proposal:
- Measurable positive results
- A sustainable follow-up or clear conclusion
- Approved and motivated by the General Manager of the related Heineken operating company
- Should not exceed the maximum requested amount of £75,000 per year
- Cooperates with global and local partners (NGOs/GOs/overseas development ministries/ international organizations)
- Focus on adolescents (in the age of primary and secondary school)
- Research projects, scholarship and medical or health-related events and conferences
Heineken Africa Foundation Excludes Projects
Some projects are excluded from some Africa countries
- Replace health benefits currently provided to Heineken employees and their family members.
- They are research projects, scholarships, and medical or health-related events and conferences
- It may not lead to direct commercial benefits for the local Heineken operation.
How to Apply
The following are ways to apply for the Heineken foundation grants
- If your project meets with the eligibility criteria you should contact the local Heineken operating company to further discuss your project proposal.
- Any project proposals can only be submitted by the local Heineken operating companies in close collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization. By making use of Heineken’s local infrastructure and network we believe that can make a bigger impact.
- Logon to the foundation portal heinekenfoundation.com to apply for the grants.
I hope with this article you will be able to apply for the foundation grant