Applications for the Heinrich Boll Foundation Washington DC Development and Digital Policy Internship 2024 are open now. The intern will collaborate closely with the directors of the Global Development Policy and Digital Policy programs.
The Global South and transatlantic debates are the main topics of the programs. Human rights, artificial intelligence, inclusiveness, and sustainability in the development agenda are possible areas of endeavor. The intern will be based out of our downtown Washington, DC, office.
Heinrich Boll Foundation Washington DC Development and Digital Policy Internship 2024
Students or recent graduates with a background in public policy, international relations, law, economics, development studies, or a similar discipline who are interested in global development and digital policy would be well-suited for this internship. Candidates ought to be independent workers with a strong sense of drive.
- Assemble substantial and practical support for speaker series, tours, and events.
- Write about current affairs and relevant topics after conducting the study.
- Help with front desk tasks (e.g., answering phones, addressing questions).
- Create material for social media and communication strategies.
- Update the blogs and website of the Heinrich Boll Foundation in Washington, DC.
- Finish a capstone project on any subject you want. Examples of capstone projects include policy papers, expert interviews, scripts for educational videos, and blog series.
- Control databases of contacts.
- For each three-month internship, there are five paid vacation days.
- $700 monthly compensation for full-time workers
- The foundation will sponsor a J-1 US visa and pay the visa fees for interns who are not US citizens. if required.
- Strong mastery of the English language; German is not necessary.
- Two years or more of experience at the university level
- Candidates must genuinely care about the foundation’s goals and core principles.
- A dedication to working three to six months full-time (part-time work will be considered on an individual basis)
- Possess a recent bachelor’s degree or are now enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s program. Students who recently completed their master’s degree, are enrolled in a Ph.D. program, or are in the middle of their careers will not be eligible to apply.
They will accept applications until January 10, 2024. The internship will begin between April and May 2024.
Application Deadline: January 10, 2024