Hootsuite is a social media management platform, designed by Ryan Holmes in 2008. Its system’s user interface takes the form of a dashboard and supports social media integrations for Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
The service is commonly used to manage online brands and to submit messages to a variety of social media services such as Facebook, Mixi and Twitter.
Thus, companies and organizations known to use Hootsuite include Facebook, Zappos, The Gap etc. Hootsuite offers a browser-based dashboard that lets users keep updated on their Twitter account. The company’s software has won awards from Mashable at their Open Web awards 2009, and the Canadian new media award.
The company is competing in a marketplace for social media dashboard tools or platforms where marketers are focused on social network management for their clients’ web engagement activities.
In September 2020, it came under widespread criticism over its agreement with US immigration and customs enforcement, made mere weeks after allegations of forced hysterectomies at ICE detention centres surfaced.
Stay connected with the Hootsuite app, create, schedule, plan, monitor, publish and engage with your audience anywhere anytime. The application comes with the following features
- You can create and publish content, edit drafts, and schedule posts to all your social profiles
- Review and edit draft posts, see your content calendar at a glance, a tweak the timing of your content cadence.
- Amazingly manages incoming messages from different social media platforms in one feed. Ande also delivers a timely response.
- Monitor likes, mentions, and conversations happening around topics related to your brand.
These are the basic features of the application. To download the app, read the next section.
Hootsuite App Download
To access your download the mobile app on your device, do the following
- Launch your Google play store/App store
- Find the app, using the search tool
- On the result page, select the app
- For Android, tap on the Install button. Click on the “Get” tab for iOS. Then proceed to enter your Apple ID and password
- Wait for it to install
- To open the app, click on the “ open” tab.
You can now login or sign-up if you’ve not registered for an account yet
Hootsuite Sign Up
To register for a Hootsuite account, follow the procedure under
- On your browser, go to https://hootsuite.com
- Tap on the signup button
- Key in your full name
- Enter your email address
- Provide your password
- Tap on create my account button
- Follow the on-screen prompt to complete the registration process.
After you successfully registered for an account, the next thing is to access your account, the section below will put you through how to access your log into your account.
Follow the instructions below to log in to your account
- Proceed to https://hootsuite.com
- Hit on the “log in” button.
- Type in your email address
- Key in your password
- Select the “ Sign in” widget. For a single sign-on, click on the “sign on” button.
Forgot your password? On the login page, click on the “forgot password”
How To Use Hootsuite
Learn how to use this social media platform using the steps below
- Download the mobile app
- Login to your account
- It will give you access to your streams, publisher, composer, inbox and settings.
- Use your engagement stream to find and respond to comments.
- To compose, click on the “ compose” tab and select the social network you want to publish to. Then write your message
- The publisher tab is where you can see scheduled and draft posts in the calendar view or list view. To create and schedule a new message, tap on the “timeslot” button.
- With the inbox tab, you can manage your conversations across different social channels. You can filter all your inbound messages by network and assignment status. To mark the message as done swipe right.
- For more help and support, click on the “help” button.
With these steps above, I believe you can now use the Hootsuite platform.