How Can I Retrieve and Link My NIN? You can retrieve and link your NIN to any of your SIM cards. If you forget your NIN, you can dial *346# on your phone to retrieve your NIN. You can also visit any NIMC office close to you and talk to them about your NIN retrieved.
Every network that is used in Nigeria has been directed to update its subscriber records so their national identification number is captured. In this article, you will see steps on how you can retrieve and link your NIN to your SIM.
How Can I Retrieve and Link My NIN?
Your National Identification Number (NIN) can be retrieved by using the USSD code on the major network operators or through other online platforms. For those new to NIN, it stands for national identification number made of 11 unique numbers to link into your sim for identification purposes.
The aspect of Linking your NIN to your sim is another issue. One thing is to retrieve or register your NIN the other is to link the NIN to the network you are using. Every SIM card has its way of linking its NIN to its sim card. But let’s see how to retrieve your lost NIN before linking it to your sim.
How to Retrieve NIN using USSD
I can’t remember my NIN? I don’t remember where I kept my NIN slip? If you are experiencing any of these problems, then you are in the right place. NIMC’s USSD service enables you to retrieve your NIN conveniently using your mobile phone.
The following are steps to follow in order to retrieve your NIN:
- Open your Mobile phone and dial *346#.
- From the options displayed, select 1 to retrieve your NIN if you are using the same phone number you enrolled with for your NIN.
Then follow the steps displayed on your screen and provide the required inputs to retrieve your NIN number.
How to retrieve Your NIN without a Phone Number
For those who lost their SIM card used in registration for the NIN, don’t worry, you can retrieve it without your phone number.
The following are procedures to follow:
- Open your web browser and dial the general retrieve code *346# with your active number and linked with your BVN.
- You can try using the NIMC Mobile app and you can get the app at the NIMC webpage or Google play store.
- You can also visit nimc.gov.ng to print your NIN slip with the QR code and view your mobile.
If you can retrieve it with this process, you can take another step by visiting any NIMC office near you to liaise with an official to help you retrieve it.
How to Link Your Mobile Number Using the NIMC Mobil ID App
You can link all your sim, weather Mtn, Glo, Airtel, or 9mobile on the NIMC ID App. The following are ways to link your sim with the app.
The first thing is to download the app if you don’t have it.
- Go to https://nimc.gov.ng/mobile-digital-id/ to learn how to obtain the app or go to the google play store to download it.
- Once downloaded, open the app and log in with your security PIN.
- On the app, click on the My Devices button on the bottom right part of your dashboard.
- Look carefully and click on “Add Mobile Number” and enter the mobile phone number you wish to link.
- The next thing is to enter the OTP sent to that mobile phone number.
You can link up to seven mobile phone numbers through the app if you follow the instruction and submit the right information required from you.
How to Link NIN to your MTN Mobile number
If you find it difficult in linking it through the app, you can follow this step to link your MTN to your NIN.
The steps are listed below:
- Open your web browser and visit https://mtnonline.com/nin/ or you can dial *785# the USSD code.
- Get the myMTNApp through the Google play store or the Apple store.
- Enter your name, phone number, NIN, and email address to complete your NIN linking.
- Then scroll down and click on submit.
Once you submit, you can wait for feedback from the network or it will show you a sim link.
How to Link to Airtel:
- If you are an Airtel user, go to airtel.com.ng/nin
- Once the page opens, scroll down and submit your phone number and click proceed.
- In the process, you can follow the onscreen process to complete your sim link.
- Or dial *121*1# on your Airtel line to submit your NIN
- Type 1 for “NIN Capture” and send.
- Enter your 11-digit NIN and send.
- Wait for the message confirming your submission.
If you get an error, just wait for some time and try again. If the first step doesn’t work, the second step will work.
How to Link to Glo:
Glo users can follow this procedure to link their sim to their NIN.
- Open your web browser and visit the Glo portal online: gloworld.com/ng/nin.
- Once open, fill in your information and link. Then submit to link your number to your NIN.
- Or you can dial *109*your NIN#.
- Then follow the prompt to submit your details
- Or you can text your 11 digits NIN number to 109 and wait for a reply.
Keep in mind that if you lost the mobile number you used in registration, you can still retrieve it back.
How to Link to 9Mobile:
To link your NIN to your 9Monile, follow the step below:
- Open your web browser and visit 9mobile.com.ng/nin to submit online.
- Once open, click on Verify and link your NIN now
- fill in the required information and submit.
- Or dial the USSD code *200*8# and follow the prompts to submit your details.
You can visit the nearest office of your service provider to submit or link your NIN. When going, take your NIN and SIM pack along. If you find this article useful, please share it with your loved ones.