How do I turn off subtitles on Disney Plus on TV? Disney Plus is available on a lot of devices. These available devices include smart TVs ranging from Apple TV, Fire TV, Samsung TV, Now TV, and more.
You can stream Disney Plus New Zealand on TV as well. With the size and quality of smart TVs, it is excellent for your streaming experience to use such devices.
How do I turn off subtitles on Disney Plus on TV?
If you already have Disney Plus on your TV and want to know how to turn off subtitles on Disney Plus on a smart TV, the succeeding paragraphs summarise the steps.
Know which type of smart TV you have, find your specific device, and follow the corresponding steps below.
How do I turn off Disney Plus subtitles on my Apple TV?
Turning off captions on Disney Plus is easy if you’re using an Apple TV. The whole process just involves a few steps:
- Launch the Disney Plus app and start streaming a series of episodes or movies.
- Swipe down on the remote controller for your Apple TV or hold down its center button.
- On the Settings menu you’re now seeing, access the Subtitles section and choose the Off option.
How do I turn off Disney Plus subtitles on Amazon Fire TV?
To turn off the caption on Disney Plus on an Amazon Fire TV, proceed with these steps:
- Boot up the Disney Plus app on your Amazon Fire TV.
- Select a series episode or movie, and hit Play.
- As it’s playing, click on your Fire TV remote.
- Choose the menu icon when it appears.
- Under the Subtitles section, select Off to disable Disney Plus subtitles.
- Resume playback via the Fire TV remote’s back button.
How do I turn off Disney Plus subtitles on my Samsung TV?
Samsung TVs are one of the most widely recognized TVs in the industry. Hence, we made sure to include it here to assist you in your quest to disable Disney Plus subtitles.
- Launch Disney Plus.
- Pick any show or movie.
- Click the up arrow two times on the remote.
- Note: This will bring up the language box on the top-right of your display.
- Hit the select button.
- Navigate to Audio and Subtitles.
- Under Subtitles, select Off.
How do I turn off Disney Plus subtitles on LG?
The method for turning off subtitles on Disney Plus on TVs is relatively similar across brands. However, they will differ on a few processes here and there, depending on the OS and layout. In this article, we’ll illustrate how to do so on a handful of popular TVs. The first one is LG. To accomplish the task, follow the directions below:
- Open your TV.
- Hit the home button on the remote.
- Press the Settings symbol.
- Navigate to Accessibility.
- Look for subtitles and press them.
- When the subtitles area is highlighted, you can choose to disable the subtitles there.
- Launch Disney Plus.
- Watch any movie or show without subtitles.
How do I turn off Disney Plus subtitles on Roku?
If you’re using a Roku device. You can turn off subtitles on Disney Plus in one of two ways. The first method involves turning off subtitles in the Disney Plus app.
- Access the Disney Plus app via the device.
- Pick a series episode or movie that you want to stream.
- Using your Roku remote, head over to the content description page. Or, if you have a newer Roku device, just press the Up or Down keys.
- Select Audio and Subtitle Options.
- Choose either subtitles or closed captioning.
- Use the arrow key on your remote until you see the Off option.
- Press the back button to resume playback.
For the alternative method, you’ll need to turn off subtitles via the Roku Settings interface. That way, you can disable captions for all streaming apps, not just Disney Plus.
- Access the Roku homepage and use your remote to select Settings.
- Select Accessibility.
- Click on Captions Mode under Subtitles and Captioning.
- Choose Off in the menu that appears.
How do I turn off subtitles on Disney Plus on Now TV?
If you are using Now TV to watch the amazing Marvel shows on Disney Plus, you can easily turn off your subtitles. The following are the steps on how to turn off subtitles on Disney Plus Now TV:
- First, navigate to your remote and go to Settings.
- Once you’re in settings, find the option General. Click the option, then proceed to find and click the accessibility option.
- When you’re on the Accessibility option, you will find the Closed Captions option.
- After doing so, click off to turn the subtitles off.
- Click exit and continue watching the movie or show you want.
How do I turn off Disney Plus subtitles on Sky Q?
People are wondering how they can turn off the subtitles when using Sky Q. Even if watching on Sky Q with subtitles is more enjoyable, some don’t want subtitles while they are watching. Sometimes, they don’t want any distractions hovering around the bottom of their TV screens. However, this won’t be a problem for shows that do not support the “Subtitles” feature. Some shows and movies may also have one language available or none for their subtitles.
If you are asking how to turn off subtitles on Disney Plus on Sky Q, the steps below are what you should follow to disable the subtitles.
- Press the setup button on your remote first.
- Next, select the Audio & Subtitle button, then proceed to select the language.
- Select the off switch through the arrows on your remote.
- Next, you have to save the new settings that you chose. Press the green button and save.
- Lastly, exit and watch your shows without the subtitles distracting you.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix Disney Plus subtitles not working?
Have you ever encountered the Disney Plus subtitles not working issue? How do I fix this issue? If you have this problem someday, don’t worry, and try working through these troubleshooting steps.
- Check and reset your Internet.
- Restart the Disney Plus app or reload the web page.
- Restart your device.
- Update your Disney Plus app to the latest version.
- Clear cache data.
- Reinstall the Disney Plus app.
- Try another movie or use another device.
Subtitles keep coming back on. What can I do?
Once disabled during playback, the subtitles should stay off. But this isn’t always the case, especially with certain streaming gadgets and smart TVs. To find the culprit, you should double-check the in-app setting. That is, make sure the Disney Plus subtitles are off. Then proceed to inspect the option on your Roku, Firestick, or any other streaming gadget you might have.
Afterward, you can resume playback to determine if the subtitles are gone. Sometimes this doesn’t help, and you’ll need to tweak the TV settings. Mind you, turning off subtitles on streaming devices and TVs applies across the board, not just to particular content. And the Disney Plus app should be able to override those to prevent annoying issues.