How Much Does it Cost to Paint a Car? The paint of your car is essential and more valued by people because it brings out the beauty of the car. In other words, taking care of your vehicle’s paint is an important maintenance process. But maybe one thing that scares people away is the cost of painting the car.
They eventually don’t know how much it costs to paint a car, and they conclude the cost of painting a car might be very high. but in this article, we will be educated on everything you need to know about the cost of painting a car.
On average, a new paint job can range in price anywhere from a couple hundred to thousands of dollars. It also includes the worth and modernity of your car and where you go for it to be painted. If you take it to a professional car painter you might get a high charge. But if you really want the beautification and attractiveness of your car, it really won’t matter the price.
How Much Does it Cost to Paint a Car?
Automotive paint is paint used on automobiles for both protection and decoration purposes. Water-based acrylic polyurethane enamel paint is currently the most widely used paint for reasons including reducing paint’s environmental impact. Modern automobile paint is applied in different layers. Paint application requires preparation and primer steps to ensure proper application.
Having your car repainted is an investment in many ways. Not only will you treat yourself to a vehicle with a like-new finish, but you will also add to it residual or resale value, you can get a higher trade-in value for an older vehicle. For better understanding keep on reading this article, because there is a lot to learn.
Factors Affecting the Cost of Paint a Car
As there are more upcoming vehicles there are a lot of factors that influence the total price of getting your car painted. Below are some of them you need to have knowledge about.
- Size: The size and type of vehicle you drive will greatly impact the cost of painting it. Painting a large or big vehicle will cost more than painting a smaller one.
- The caliber of body shop: You may come across very inexpensive paint jobs, but beware, price and quality go hand in hand when it comes to painting your car.
- Paint color: Not all paints are made the same or equal, the color and quality of the paint will determine the cost.
- Paint finish: Paint finish refers to the amount and quality of shine that the paint has. Depending on your style and design, prices are different for matte, gloss, or semi-gloss finishes.
Above are some of the factors that will be needed for you to know the reason for the high cost of painting.
Tips for Painting Your Own Car
There are some different steps to consider when painting your own car, below are some;
- Work downward: You can begin by painting the upper spot like the roof, the top of the hood, and the tops of the doors before working your own steps down the vehicle.
- Use consistent pressure: Now you need to use consistent pressure while applying paint with your foam brush.
- Don’t use too much paint: Putting excessive paint at once could create drips and runs in the finish.
- Be patient: You will likely want to add several coats of paint to achieve a clean finish, but you must allow at least six hours between each coat.
If these steps seem hard or daunting but you have a small budget, consider a basic paint job done by a professional.
How Long Does Paint Last on a Car?
As with most things, the paint on your car will age and eventually need to be replaced. Now how long does paint on a car? The paint on most modern vehicles will last about 10-15 years, while the paint on vehicles made before the 1960s will last about 5-10 years.