How to Access Restricted List on Facebook? If you do not want to unfriend or block a friend on your Facebook friend list, Facebook Restriction has made it easy for Facebook users to limit the post some of their friends on Facebook are able to see. There are times Facebook users would want to create a post but wouldn’t want everyone in their friend list to see it.
Just like posting a status on WhatsApp and limiting the audience, Facebook has made it easy to limit who can see your post on the Facebook App. And on this note, we will be able to know How to Access Restriction List on Facebook.
How to Access Restricted List on Facebook
Any of your Facebook friends whom you have restricted will be added to your Facebook Restriction List. Although they are still your friends on Facebook and can also communicate with you. You can also check and see the posts of your Restricted Facebook Friends. There will be no notifications to the friend you’ve added on the Restriction list.
How Do I Add Friends to a Restricted List on Facebook?
Restricting Friends on Facebook App can be done via your computer or phone web browser or your mobile devices.
Restricting a Facebook Friend Using the Web Browser
If you want to restrict a Facebook Friend on your computer web browser you will have to:
- Open your web browser and type in the URL https://www.facebook.com and if you have a good data connection, the page will be loaded.
- Your Facebook account should already be signed in, if not you will enter your Facebook account on the log in page and click on log in.
- After that, you go to your friend’s profile you want to restrict. It can be done by hitting the “Friends” on your own profile or typing the friend’s name on the “Search box” at the top of the Facebook platform.
- Then you click on “Friends” next to your friend’s name at the top of the screen and click on “Add to another list…”
- And finally, then select “Restricted”, and a checkmark will appear next to “Restricted”.
Restricting a Facebook Friend Using the Mobile device
If you want to restrict a friend on your mobile iOS or Android device you should:
- Open the Facebook App on your mobile device.
- Then you go to your friend’s profile. It can be done by clicking the “Friends” on your own profile or typing the friend’s name on the “Search box” at the top of the Facebook platform.
- Tap on “Friends” just beneath the user profile photo and tap on “Edit Friend Lists”
- At the bottom of the appeared box, select “Restricted” and a checkmark will appear next to it.
What Facebook Posts Can Restricted Users See?
Now that you’ve added a friend to the Restricted List, they can only see your public post published with the Public privacy setting or the posts you tagged or mention their names in. Your public post is known by the globe icon while friends’ posts have an icon looking like two friends. You can have your post privacy changed by editing them via the menu in the posts top right corner.
Can a Facebook Friend Tell if They are on Restricted List?
Your Facebook friends are not notified that they have been added to or removed from the Restriction List. So, there’s actually no direct way for your Facebook friends to find out you’ve added them to your Restriction List.
Why should I Use a Restricted List?
The Facebook Restriction List is useful when you want to write or share a post concerning someone and you don’t want that person to see or comment negatively on it. Facebook being a public platform for all with over two billion users, you don’t know who is seeing your post. Also, there are certain users you are friends with and really do not wish to share things with them. Now, with the availability of Facebook Restricted list, you need not worry about that anymore. All you need to do is to add then to the list and they won’t be notified.
How Do I Remove Friends from a Facebook Restricted List?
You can remove someone you’ve added to your Restricted List and it can be easily done also. To remove a friend from the list, you:
- Open the friend’s profile page in your web browser or your mobile device
- Then you tap or click on the “Friends” icon on their profile.
- A pop-up menu will appear from which you click or tap on Edit Friend List or Add to another list.
- At the bottom, option-click or tap on “Restricted” and uncheck mark the checkbox close to the “Restricted”.
The friend will be removed from your account restricted list immediately if you follow the simple guides above.
CHECK THIS OUT >>> Dating in South Africa