How to Activate Visa Gift Card Online? If you recently received a Visa gift card, you will need to activate it before using it. Activating the Visa gift card online is one of the easiest ways to activate your card.
This content will be educating new Visa Giftcard holders on how to activate their card using an online method, phone method, etc.
How to Activate Visa Gift Card
If you have an activated Visa gift card, you can use it for any purchase that you could normally make with a standard credit or debit card. Although some Visa gift cards are activated automatically when they are purchased, some require an additional step to activate them. You can activate your card by calling the phone number printed on it, or by going online and entering the card’s information. Once activated, you can sign up for your card if you’d like to use it for online purchases.
Steps to Activate Your Visa Gift Card Online
Here are the Visa gift card online activation steps:
- Visit the activation link listed on the sticker on the front of your card. There should be an activation link listed either on the back of your card or on the sticker on the front of your card. It will also prompt you to register your card online as well.
- Then use the website listed on the back of the card if there’s no sticker. If there is no specific activation link listed on a sticker, you can flip the card over and find the website of the issuing vendor.
- On the website, fill in your information to register your card. Activating your card lets you use it for purchases you make in the in-person purchase. While registering your card lets you use the account associated with the card, which is what you do when you make an online purchase.
- It may ask you to provide your full name, address, date of birth, or Social Security number.
When making an online purchase with your registered gift card, the address and name that you entered are checked against the card’s registered information. If they don’t match, you will have problems completing your purchase.
How to Activate Visa Gift Card Over Phone
Do you want to activate your card by phone? Here are the steps.
- Dial the number on the sticker on the front of your card. Most credit and debit cards have a sticker attached to the front of the card when you first get it. This sticker contains the phone number that you need to activate your card.
- When you call the number, you will then follow the automated prompts to activate it.
- To activate your card over the phone, you will need to verify the card’s account number and card verification number (or CVN). The CVN consists of three numbers and is mostly printed on the back of the card.
- You will likely need to verify your card over the phone by entering your card’s account number and creating a PIN before using it.
However, if you prefer talking to an actual person instead of following an automated menu system, you can try to press “0” on your phone repeatedly. This mostly redirects you to a customer support agent.
Contact Visa directly if you’re not sure how to activate your card. Contact Visa directly if you have questions while activating your card. It may also be best to call their customer service number if there is an issue with your activation. The customer service number is found on the back of your card.
How to Safely Use Your Visa Gift Card
Here are ways to use your card securely:
- Sign the back of your card to prevent identity theft. Flip your card over and sign the strip on the back to prevent further issues surrounding fraudulent purchases. So, when using your card, merchants may check the signature on the back and compare it to the sales receipt in order to verify the card’s use.
- Endeavour to keep records of your card’s information should you lose it. Write down the account number and any registered information associated with the card and store.
- Make sure you use your card before it expires. Visa gift cards often have an expiration date, and if you don’t activate and use your card before it expires, you won’t have access to the remaining balance.
The card’s expiration date is usually printed on the card.
Gift Cards from Visa
A Visa Gift Card is an ideal choice for birthdays, holidays, and weddings and matches all your gift-giving needs. It’s also great for people of all ages. Moreover, you decide how much money to give; they decide where to spend it.
So if you’re looking for an ideal gift for a friend, lover, family member or colleague, you can give Visa Giftcard a try.
Commonly Asked Questions
Do you have to activate a Visa gift card online?
It is not compulsory to activate your GiftCard online. You can activate it over the phone by dialling the phone number on the card. However, your Visa Gift Card is intended for use anywhere Visa cards are accepted. And to make an online or phone purchase, you will need to register your card. You can achieve this by either calling the provider or by visiting their website.
How do I activate my new Visa gift card?
You can activate your new gift card by calling the phone number on the Card. Or by visiting the official website of the gift card issuer.