How to Apply for a GTBank ATM Card: Do you need details on how to apply for a GTBank ATM card? One of the most popular banks in Nigeria is Guaranty Trust Bank, which provides a variety of financial services to its clients. Giving consumers an ATM card to use for cash withdrawals and deposits is one of its main offerings.
How to Apply for a GTBank ATM Card
Recent years have seen a rise in the use of ATM cards. They have made it unnecessary to carry actual cash, simplifying financial transactions and bill payments. It is essential to protect your card as a result. Below are the steps you need to take in order to apply for a GTbank ATM card:
- Step 1: You must go to your nearby GTBank branch to fill out an ATM card request form.
- Step 2: When you arrive at the branch, ask any bank employee who is on duty or at the customer care counter for an application for an ATM card.
- Step 3: Bring the required identification, which may be a current ID card, passport, or driver’s license. Bring both the original paperwork and any necessary copies.
- Step 4: Provide correct and current information on the application form. Personal information like your entire name, birthdate, address, and phone number may be included.
- Step 5: Specify the sort of ATM card you’re looking for, such as a prepaid or debit card.
- Step 6: Specify any other features or services you might need, such as mobile or internet banking.
- Step 7: Before giving the completed form to bank staff, check it for any mistakes or omissions.
- Step 8: The bank representative might need your signature or another form of identification to finish the application.
After submitting the application form, you might need to pay a charge for the ATM card. The charge amount may vary, but bank personnel can confirm it. You will normally get your GTBank ATM card within a certain amount of time after the bank has processed and accepted your application, either by mail or for pick-up at the branch.
How to Apply for a GTBank ATM Card Online
You can also apply for an ATM card online. Below are the steps to apply for a GTbank ATM online on the GTbank mobile app:
- Step 1: Download the GTBank app from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Step 2: After downloading the app, install it and launch it.
- Step 3: Create an account after the app has been successfully installed.
- Step 4: Log in to the app using your password and user ID.
- Step 5: Click on the “cards” tab after you have successfully logged in.
- Step 6: Request the card of your choice and input the required details.
- Step 7: Select your pick-up location.
You must make sure you have at least 1,000 naira in your bank account.
How to Activate Your GTBank ATM Card
There are a few ways to activate your debit card after it has been given to you. Below are the steps listed:
- Step 1: Go to any GTBank branch near you.
- Step 2: Then ask for an “activation code” for your ATM card.
- Step 3: After getting the code, visit the bank’s website to activate your ATM card online.
- Step 4: Go through the page and access the “internet banking” tab.
- Step 5: Then click “log in” to begin.
- Step 6: Enter your account user details and hit the log-in button.
After you have successfully logged in, click on “Get activation code”. Follow the on-screen instructions provided, then select your card type, input your activation code and expiration date, and click “submit”. After you have successfully submitted, a code will be sent to you.
The code means that your code has been activated. Take note that you must keep the code away from people, as it will be needed when you want to complete certain transactions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I request my GTB ATM card online?
The only thing you have to do is connect to your account online and go to the card menu. Request an ATM card, then choose the closest pick-up branch and submit your request. Simply enter the bank and pick up your card at the customer service desk when it’s ready.