Security Guard Jobs In The USA For Foreigners? There are lots of security job vacancies in the United States, and most of them are open to foreigners. If you have all the qualities and qualifications of a security guard, you can take advantage of this opportunity to work abroad as a security guard.
Security Guard Jobs In The USA For Foreigners
Security guards are responsible for the protection and physical security of employees, the public, and property within the confines of federal facilities and land. However, they provide protection from potential threats such as terrorism, vandalism, sabotage, trespass, theft, and security breaches.
Also, security guards are uniformed and trained to observe and detect suspicious activity and respond effectively. And they work closely with law enforcement to prevent and manage all types of potential violations and dangers.
Who Is A Security Guard?
Security officers are people tasked with securing the premises and personnel by staying on patrol, monitoring surveillance equipment, performing building inspections, guarding entry points, and verifying visitors. Security guards serve as the alert, the vigilant, and the diligent at many locations.
The Skills of a Security Guard
Security officers should have the following skills and qualities:
- Independent problem-solving abilities
- Fearless while taking initiative, responding to security and safety emergencies independently or in a group when necessary.
- good communication skills.
- ability to be alert
These are some of the skills a good security officer should have.
Security Guard Responsibilities
The responsibilities and duties of security officers include the following:
- to conduct vehicle and foot patrols, screening visitors and bags to detect explosive devices and weapons.
- to control access to restricted areas.
- Open and secure doors, gates, and buildings.
- Monitor closed-circuit television (CCTV) equipment.
- to operate handheld and vehicle radios.
- Respond to emergencies independently or as a team.
- be proficient in operating firearms and tactical response procedures.
- ability to complete official and unofficial reports.
- Managing vehicle and pedestrian traffic through checkpoints, parking areas, and visitor use facilities
- Put your coworkers in a safe place.
Hear and resolve individual and group grievances.
These are some of the duties of a security officer in an organization.
Where Can Foreigners Find Security Officer Jobs in the United States in 2022?
There are plenty of websites where you can find US jobs, including security guard jobs for foreigners. US job websites like Indeed, LinkedIn, and US jobs have thousands of US job listings. You can visit any of the websites listed below to continue your US security job hunting search.
How To Apply For A US Security Guard Job Online in 2022
To apply for a security officer job in the United States, do the following:
- To apply, go to https://www.indeed.com/m/jobs?q=Security+Guard&l=United+States.
- Scroll through the page to find the security job that suits you.
- Once you find the job, proceed to apply.
- Submit your CV and application letter.
- If you are successful, you will receive a reply from the employer.
If you receive a job offer from a company, you will be told when to apply for a work visa in the United States.
How Much Does a Security Guard Make in the USA?
Security guards make a median salary of around $31,050. The best-paid 25 Percent made around $39,220 that year, while the lowest-paid 25 Percent made $26,200.
Which Type of Visa is Required for a Security Guard Job in the USA?
Before you apply for a visa, the first step is to determine what type of documentation you will need to immigrate to the United States. According to the U.S. customs and border protection service, an immigrant visa is issued to a foreign national who intends to live and work permanently in the US. And non-immigrant visas are temporary visas. However, to get a security guard job in the USA, you will need to get an H1B visa.
Visa Categories in the United States
There are two main types of US visas: temporary visas and permanent visas. Here are the types of US Temporary Work Visas:
The H1B visa is designed for someone in a speciality occupation. Working in a speciality occupation requires a higher education degree or its equivalent. Professionals in Free Trade Agreements (FTA): Chile, Singapore. working in a speciality occupation.
H-2A visa: It’s designed for temporary agricultural workers. The H-2B visa is for non-agricultural temporary workers. temporary or seasonal non-agricultural work.
L1 visas are intended for intracompany transfers. To work at a branch, parent, affiliate, or subsidiary of the current employer in a managerial or executive capacity, or in a position requiring specialized knowledge.
The P-1 visa is designed for an individual or team athlete, or member of an entertainment group. This is to perform at a specific athletic competition as an athlete or as a member of an entertainment group.
The O1 Visa is for people with extraordinary abilities. The O1 visa is for people who show expert knowledge in science, business, education, athletics, or art, including inter
Work Visa Requirements – US Work Visa Requirements
For you to fulfil the three qualifying preconditions, you will also need to have these documents:
- Valid passport
- Photo for a US visa
- The receipt number, which you can find on your approved Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker (I-129 Form), which your employer filed.
- A confirmation page that you have completed your Nonimmigrant Visa Application (DS-160 Form).
- A receipt that proves that you have paid the application fee.
- Proof that you will return to your home country after your work in the US ends.
- Submit your economic situation.
- Your family relationships
- Any long-term objectives you may have
- The residence that you plan on returning to
- For those applying for an L Visa, you will also need to have filled out an I-129S form (Nonimmigrant Petition Based on Blanket L Petition).
Apart from these general requirements, which apply to all those who want to get a US work visa, there might also be other documents which you need to submit. You can contact your local US Embassy for more detailed information.
How can I become a security guard in the USA?
Security Guard Requirements in the US
- be at least 18 years old.
- Undergo a criminal history background check through the Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI); and
- Complete a 40-hour course of required training.
Do you have to be a US citizen to be a security guard?
No, foreigners can get secure US jobs. though they must be legally allowed to work in the USA.
What is the salary of a security guard in the USA?
The national average salary for a Security Guard in the USA is around $30,748.