Talent Bridge Africa Build Programme for Entrepreneurs 2021 is taking applications for innovators that are building thriving communities in Africa.
The program is a 10-month innovation programme that is open to ambitious individuals; working professionals, recent graduates, or students passionate about solving problems in Africa.
Recommended for You >>> How to Apply for the Keeling Curve Prize 2021
The program aims to empower individuals oozing with a relentless passion for change and as a result fuel the growth of African Innovation.
Have in mind that this is not a business competition and it is not a “winner takes it all” challenge.
It’s a gathering of innovations to bring about the change we all need. They do not believe a monopoly of ideas and that’s why instead of a single winner they want to support up to 200 innovations to succeed.
The application closes January 11, 2021.
What they Seek
To be qualified for either phases the Innovation must meet the following criteria;
- Must be a true innovation (either nothing like in the market or significantly improves an existing solution).
- Must be able to demonstrate the impact the Innovation will have in Education, Health or Agriculture sectors.
- Must be able to reach at least 20, 000 people.
- Must apply technology to reach its users.
- Must have a minimum of three team members registered with us. Teams with both genders represented will be scored higher than those without.
- Applicants must be self-sustaining.
- Have a presence in Kenya
- Have to submit one application per team in each application round.
Fund Phase Criteria
To qualify for the Fund, phase the Innovation must meet the following criteria:
- Must have a ready Innovation (product or service) that has been taken to the market and has demonstrable demand over at least 4 months.
- To be qualified, you must have a viable registered entity in Kenya that can be funded.
- Must have at least one full-time working member
- Applicant must be a director in the registered entity
- You must have been operating for at least one (1) year
Build Phase Criteria
To qualify for the Build phase the Innovation must meet the following criteria:
- The innovation must have been a clearly defined idea with a documented concept note
- Build phase must complete in a maximum duration of 6 months
- Must be available to participate fully in all aspects of the program
- Must contribute Ksh 2,900 ($29) per team member per month for the duration they are in the BUILD phase.
- Student team members have a further subsidy and will contribute Ksh 1,200 ($12) per team member per month. This co-pay requirement will help eliminate any loose association and any team that is not committed.
How to Apply
The application process is easy, all you have to do is to complete the application online that involves some questions about the Innovation.
For more, visit Build Talent Website