How to Apply for the TWAS-SN Bose Post-graduate Fellowship 2022. Citizens of developing countries can now apply for the TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate fellowship for the 2022 intake in India. The TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate fellowship is a partnership effort between TWAS and SN BOSE.
How to Apply for the TWAS-SN Bose Post-graduate Fellowship 2022
They’re offering fellowship opportunities to citizens of developing countries who wish to pursue research towards a PhD in physical sciences.
About TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowship
TWAS-SN Bose postgraduate fellowship is an annual program offered to citizens from developing countries, it is a strategic fellowship offered to young foreign scientists from developing countries.
It is usually expected that this citizen must desire to pursue research towards a PhD in physical sciences. TWAS-SN Bose Fellowships will be taken at National Centre for Basic Sciences in Kolkata, India for PhDdegry study in the physical sciences for 4 years with the possibility of a one-year extension.
Details of TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowship
- Application Deadline for TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowship: 30th June 2022
- Eligible Countries: Developing nations
- To be taken at (country): India
- Fields of Research: The following are the fields of research:
- Type of programme: Postgraduate (Doctoral) Fellowship
- Number of Awards: 5
- Duration of programme: 5 years
Application Process For TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowship 2022
Interested and eligible candidates should note the following guide below In submitting an application;
- June 30, 2022, is the official application deadline for receipt of applications.
- All Applicants are required to submit an Acceptance Letter from a department of the S.N. Bose National Centre when applying.
- When making applications for the TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowship Programme, note that the application can only be submitted via the online portal at: https://onlineforms.twas.org/apply/184
- As an applicant, you are only permitted to apply for one programme per calendar year in the TWAS and OWSD portfolios.
Note: Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.
Eligibility Criteria for TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowship
- To be eligible for this fellowship, applicants must not exceed 35 years on 31 December of the application year
- He/She must be a national of a developing country (other than India);
- The applicant must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in India or any developed country;
- To be eligible, the applicant must hold a Master’s degree in physics, mathematics or physical chemistry;
- An applicant must be accepted by a department of the National Centre, and the requests for acceptance must be directed to the Dean (Academic Programme), National Centre for Sciences by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Applicants are expected to accompany their request for an Acceptance Letter with a copy of their CV, a research proposal outline and two reference letters
- Evidence of proficiency in English must be provided if the medium of education was not English;
- A proof that the applicant will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship
- Fellows are not expected to take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- He/she must be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
The Selection Criteria for TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowship
Applications for this Fellowship are selected based on the following:
- The Applicant may be registered for a PhD degree in his/her home country or may enrol in a PhD course at the S.N. Bose National Centre. If that is the case, in both cases, the programme will involve only one journey to the host country.
- Secure admission to the PhD programme at the S.N. Bose National Centre, it will depend on the successful completion of coursework (about one year’s duration).
Value of Scholarship:
TWAS-SN Bose Post-graduate program offers the following to successful applicants:
- The monthly stipend covers living costs and meals.
- Free accommodation on campus
- It does not cover comprehensive health or medical insurance.
- There is also a partial reimbursement of Doctor’s fees, medicines and/or hospitalization costs, if any, for costs incurred in Kolkata will be given according to the Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS) of the Government of India.
Best of luck with your application!