How To Cancel Disney Plus on Roku? Disney Plus, the home to countless beloved Disney classics, Star Wars sagas, and Marvel blockbusters, has become a household name in streaming services. But sometimes, things don’t work out. It could be the budget, or you’re not watching it as much anymore.
How To Cancel Disney Plus on Roku?
Whatever your reasons are, it’s important to know how to handle your subscriptions. And that’s where we come in. This article will show you how to cancel Disney Plus on Roku in a few simple steps. Ready? Let’s dive in!
Understanding Roku and Disney Plus
What is Roku?
Think of Roku as your friendly neighborhood streaming facilitator. It’s like a magic wand, conjuring a world of entertainment from devices as compact as a USB stick. Roku opens the door to streaming services from Netflix to YouTube and Disney Plus.
What is Disney Plus?
On the other hand, Disney Plus is like an all-you-can-watch buffet of movies and series from the vast Disney universe. The magic castle houses Mickey Mouse, Iron Man, Darth Vader, and all their friends (and foes). But sometimes, even magical castles can feel too crowded or costly. And that’s okay!
How To Cancel Disney Plus on Roku?
There are two ways to terminate your Disney Plus subscription on Roku. You can either use your Roku remote or the web app. We’ve listed both methods below:
If you initially signed up and paid for Disney Plus on your Roku, follow these steps:
- Press the “Home” button on your Roku remote.
- Navigate to Disney Plus and click the “*” (asterisk) button on your remote.
- A pop-up window should appear; click on “Manage Your Subscription”.
- Finally, select “Cancel Subscription”.
Roku Web App
If you don’t want to cancel Disney Plus on your TV, you can instead log in to your Roku account on a web browser to end the subscription there.
- Log in to your Roku account through your preferred web browser.
- At the top right corner, click the avatar icon, and then click “My Account”.
- Select “Manage Your Subscriptions”.
- Locate Disney Plus in the list of all your subscribed channels.
- Click on “Cancel subscription”.
How to add Disney Plus to Roku?
You add Disney Plus to Roku the same way you add any channel—through the Streaming Channels store, found on the home screen. Open it, search for “Disney,” select the channel from the results, and install it. There are some things to note. Once you open the app, you’ll be prompted to sign in (if you’re already a subscriber) or sign up (if not). If you’re allowed to sign up directly through the app instead of the web, your subscription will be billed and managed through Roku. More on this in a moment.
Most Roku TVs and add-on streamers are compatible, but you’ll need more advanced ones to take advantage of standards like 4K resolution, HDR, and/or Dolby Atmos surround sound. You can see a list of baseline hardware in our compatibility guide. Anything released in 2023 or later will support 1080p resolution at a minimum.
How Do You Turn Off Auto-Renew to Cancel a Streaming Subscription on Ruko?
Subscriptions automatically renew until you turn off auto-renew to unsubscribe. To avoid being billed for the next term, you must turn off auto-renew before your next billing cycle. No partial-term refunds are provided.
On the Roku website:
- Go to Manage Subscriptions in your Rulo account.
- Go to your active subscription.
- Select your subscription.
- Select turn off auto-renew to cancel your subscription.
On your Roku streaming device:
- Press Home on your Roku remote and highlight the app.
- Press the star (asterisk) on your remote to open the options menu.
- Select Manage subscription.
- Select Turn off auto-renew to cancel your subscription.
- Then select one.
- You can continue to use your subscription until the end of your current billing cycle.
How do I remove my Disney Plus account on Roku?
If you wish to remove your Disney+ account, here’s what you need to do:
- Start by logging in to your account on the Disney website.
- Look for the “My Account” tab and give it a click.
- Scroll down until you spot the “remove account” link.
- Click on it, and then follow the prompts that appear on your screen.
Essential Things to Know Before Cancelling a Disney Plus Subscription
The canceling process is pretty straightforward; there are a few things to remember before canceling your Disney+ subscription.
First, you will not be charged for the service if you cancel during your free trial. However, if you cancel after your Disney+ free trial, you will be charged for any remaining time left on your subscription. So, if you cancel on the day your subscription renews, you will still be charged for that month.
Another thing to remember is that if you have any existing Disney+ bundles, like with Hulu or ESPN+, those will also be canceled when you choose to cancel the Disney+ subscription. So, if you’re planning on canceling Disney+, your other subscriptions will also be canceled.
Lastly, once your Disney+ subscription is canceled, you will no longer have access to the service. This means you won’t be able to watch your favorite TV shows or movies or use any of the other Disney+ features. You’ll have to start from scratch if you decide to subscribe again.
Keep these things in mind before you cancel, and you’ll be all set.
Why am I still being charged after canceling?
Did you spot an unexpected charge even after you canceled? Don’t panic! Remember, your cancellation takes effect at the end of your current billing cycle. So, if you were billed just before you canceled, you’d still have to pay for that period.
Can I resubscribe after canceling?
Absolutely! The Disney Plus castle doors are always open for you. Just follow the re-subscription steps we’ve mentioned above, and you’ll be back in the magic in no time.
Are there any cancellation fees?
No, there are no penalties for saying goodbye. No wicked witch is casting a spell here. You can cancel without worrying about any additional fees.