How to Change Language on Crunchyroll: Do you want to change the language settings of your Crunchyroll service and watch the anime content available on this platform in your language? If you are, this article is perfect for you. Crunchyroll is one of the best streaming services for manga and anime.
It is available in many countries and offers a wide variety of content. The site is available in Japanese, English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Arabic, Italian, and Russian. If you want to browse in a language that you are comfortable with, keep on reading, as we will explain how to change the language.
How to Change Language on Crunchyroll
There are a lot of amazing anime apps available on the internet that help stream anime content. Crunchyroll has a wider audience and is used by kids. However, Crunchyroll allows you to change the subtitle language as per your wishes. Updating the display language on Crunchyroll does not automatically change your audio and subtitle language individually. Below is a step-by-step guide to help you change the Crunchyroll subtitle language on your devices. With that said, let’s get started!
If you wish to change the language of Crunchyroll using a browser on your desktop PC or laptop, you must follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Go to Crunchyroll’s website and access the drop-down menu by clicking your profile picture in the top right corner.
- Step 2: Select “My Account”. The preferences section will open by default. If not, click on references in the left sidebar, and there you will see the “Display Language” option at the top.
- Step 3: Open the drop-down menu to see the list of languages, and select the one suitable for you.
- Step 4: After selecting the language you want, the website refreshes automatically, and you can see the display language has been changed.
You can also change the display language on Crunchyroll by following this method. All you have to do is scroll to the very bottom of the platform’s homepage. There you will see the “English” language button at the bottom right. Click on it to access the list of languages and select the one you wish to use.
How to Change Crunchyroll Display Language on Android TV
- Step 1: Launch the Crunchyroll app on your Android TV and open the “Menu” button in the top left corner.
- Step 2: From the list of options available, select the “App Language” option to see the list of accessible languages.
- Step 3: Select the language you want, and the app will be refreshed immediately. After that, you can return to the main menu.
How to Change Crunchyroll Display Language on Android and iPhone
On these two devices, you can’t change the display language through the app. They do not have the option. Instead, you have to change the default language on your mobile phone. Below are the steps you need to follow:
- Step 1: Open the settings app and search for “Language” to find the “language and input” option.
- Step 2: Tap the “languages” option and “add language” that you wish to use on your mobile device.
Select the desired language and head to Crunchyroll to see that the display language for the app has been updated on your Android phone.
How to Change Crunchyroll Display Language on Apple TV
- Step 1: Launch the Crunchyroll app on your Apple TV and select the settings option.
- Step 2: Under the sign-out option, you can see the subtitle language option. Select it to see the list of languages available at the moment.
- Step 3: Pick any language that you prefer, and that’s it.
That’s all you need to change this platform’s display language on Apple TV.
Why change the Crunchyroll language?
There are a lot of reasons why people tend to change the subtitle language. It also allows users to change the default content language to their native language and watch their favorite movies. Crunchyroll also detects the country you are in and sets the language. If you want to change your auto-detection settings, then you need to select your preferred language before it detects your country.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I change to Japanese?
You can change both the display and subtitle language to Japanese without a problem. The steps to change the language depend upon the platform on which you are using Crunchyroll.
How do I fix the language back to English?
You can easily revert back to your default English language by repeating the steps you followed in changing it to either Japanese, Spanish, or French.