How to Change the Apple Watch Band: Apple Watch bands are incredibly popular accessories in the world of tech. Some people even have a band to match each outfit they wear.
In this article, we’ll guide you on how to switch your Apple Watch band to match your mood and style.
How to Change the Apple Watch Band
Back in 2015, when Apple first introduced the Apple Watch, they made a smart move by establishing a standard for interchangeable watch bands. Since then, countless band styles have been created by Apple, their partners, and various other companies equipped for the task.
You can find four different bands for less than ten dollars in total. Alternatively, if you’re more interested in style than cost, you can go all out and purchase the $849 Hermes Fauve Barénia Gourmette Double Tour leather band directly from Apple.
Regardless of which band or bands you choose, changing them on your Apple Watch is a breeze. It generally involves a few simple steps:
- Select your new band.
- Remove your Apple Watch from your wrist and flip it over.
- Locate the small button on the bottom of the watch.
- Slide out the old band.
- Slide in the new band.
- Put your Apple Watch back on and proudly display your chosen style.
Let’s get started!
How to Remove a Standard Apple Watch Band
To replace your Apple Watch’s original wrist strap with a new one, follow these simple steps:
- Lay your Apple Watch face down on a clean, smooth surface, like a microfiber cloth or a soft mat on a desk.
- Ensure your Apple Watch is turned off to avoid any accidental taps.
- On the back of your Apple Watch, you’ll find two band release buttons. These buttons are located at the top and bottom of the watch’s back and are the same color as the rest of the back. They’re relatively easy to spot.
- Press and hold one of the band release buttons using your fingertip or fingernail.
- While keeping the button depressed, gently slide the old band to the side to detach it from the watch.
- Once the band is removed, release the band release button. If the band doesn’t come out easily, try pressing the button again while holding it down.
- Repeat the same process for the other strap.
That’s all! You’ve successfully removed the old wrist strap from your Apple Watch.
How to Change the Apple Watch Band
Inserting a new band is even simpler than removing the old one.
- Remember, the Apple Watch uses a unique watch strap, so make sure you have one designed for the Apple Watch, as all models use the same type.
- Check the back of the new band to ensure that the small text is facing you.
- Slightly tilt the new wristband to match the angle of the Apple Watch’s wrist strap slot.
- Gently slide the new band in until you hear and feel a soft click. If you don’t sense or hear the click, just slide the band out and try inserting it again.
Once you’re done, you can customize your Apple Watch face to complement your new band.
How can I clean my Apple Watch band?
To clean it, first detach the band from your Apple Watch, then use a cloth that won’t leave lint to wipe it clean. Afterward, make sure it’s dry before reattaching it to the watch.
How can I disconnect my Apple Watch from my phone?
Open the Watch app on your iPhone, and select All Watches > Info (i) > Unpair Apple Watch. You’ll need to enter your password and tap ‘Unpair.’ Alternatively, you can press the crown and navigate to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings > Erase All.
How can I restart my Apple Watch Band?
To restart it, simply press and hold the side button, then slide to power off. Press and hold the side button again, and release it when you see the logo.