How to Control Mac from iPhone – Most Apple users might have been asking if they can control their Macs from their mobile iPhones. It is very possible to do that; all you need to do is keep reading through this blog and follow the steps in it because this article gives detailed guides on How to Control Mac from iPhone.
How to Control Mac from iPhone
Nowadays, most people are not tied to a desk to do their work. Most people are not even tied to a PC. More and more people are finding that they can do much of their work on their iPhones. And if not, they can likely connect their iPhone to a Mac remotely and then do their work.
Many ways can be used to remotely control an iPhone from a Mac. Some only work if your devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, while others grant access from any location in the world. Some allow you to be able to operate your iPhone remotely as if it were in front of you, while others are specialized solely in smooth file transfers across locations.
Besides, if you might have been wondering how to use iPhone on Mac, you will be happy to be enlightened about the ways to turn an iPhone into a versatile remote control and then a video casting tool.
What to Control on Mac from iPhone
After you connect your iPhone to your Mac, you can then control it from your iPhone. Here are things that you can use your iPhone to do while connected to your Mac:
- Open and then close programs
- Copy and Paste Files
- Browse files
- Access your desktop
- Share your screen
- Control Mac using some touch gestures.
Those are the features that you can get while connected to an iPhone or Mac.
How to Control Mac with iPhone
As a security measure, remote access is something that has to be enabled on your available Mac before you can be able to control it through your iPhone. Or else, anyone can be able to control any Mac.
Remoting into a Mac might be a helpful feature to have at your disposal, and it is relatively simple. It is a multi-step, sequential procedure. These are the steps to make sure that this feature is enabled on Mac before you can control it with your iPhone:
- Go to the Apple menu in the top left corner.
- Click on “System Settings.”
- Then select the General tab.
- Now you have to click on the Sharing
- Select what the local user can do on your computer, and then click on the OK button.
- Click on the I icon next to Remove Management and then select the users that you want to allow to access your Mac remotely.
- Go to Computer Settings from the same window and click on the features that you want to allow.
- Now you can finally click on the Done option.
Download Remote Desktop for iPhone
Once you’ve enabled remote access on Mac, you now have to download a remote desktop application on your iPhone. There is a handful of them available; a few of the most popular ones are listed above; you have to download one to continue.
- Remote Desktop
- Microsoft Remote Desktop
If you want to install another app, you must conduct additional research to determine its safety.
Connect iPhone to Mac
After you might have downloaded any remote application, you then need to connect your iPhone to your Mac. Here are the steps for doing that:
- Open the Remote Desktop application on your iPhone.
- Then enter the IP address of your Mac.
- Enter the username and the password that you use to log into Mac.
- Finally, click on Connect.
NOTE: For you to be able to get your Mac’s IP address, you have to:
- Go to the Apple menu on Mac
- Select System Settings
- Click on the network to which you are connected.
- And then find the IP address.
- You can also look for that information under IP/TCP.
These are the steps for connecting your Mac to your iPhone. Read and follow carefully.
How to Control iPhone on Mac
This step offers guides on how to remotely control your iPhone from your Mac computer. If you are using a Mac, then you can use Switch Control to do this manually. So here are the steps below:
- Connect your iPhone and Mac to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Sign in to iCloud with the same Apple ID on your Mac and iPhone.
- Enable the switch Control on Mac by clicking on the Apple
- Select the system preferences and click on accessibility.
- Select Switch Control
- Navigate to the General tab, click on Enable Switch Control, and enter your password.
- Navigate the switch control panel to Devices.
- Now you have to sort out your iPhone device from the list of devices.
Navigate to the list of devices and click on Disconnect.
How can I control my iPhone from my Mac via Wi-Fi?
You can use your Mac to control other devices by following these steps:
- Connect your devices to the same network (Wi-Fi).
- Now you have to sign in to your iCloud account with the same Apple ID on both devices.
- If you have not already, turn on Switch Control on your Mac.
- Use the switch to navigate the Switch Control Home Panel.
Can I remotely control a Mac?
You can set up Remote Login on your Mac through some easy steps that are listed below:
- Choose the Apple menu on your Mac.
- Go to Settings
- Select General in the sidebar.
- Now you have to click the sharing option on the right.
- Scroll down and turn on the remote login.
- Click on the Info option on the right.
- Then select Allow full disc access for remote users.
Can I access my Mac through my iPhone?
Install the Chrome Remote Desktop application on your iPhone, Open it. Now, sign in to the same Google account that is on your Mac. After that, you will then see a link for you to be able to access your computer remotely, Click on it.
How will I be able to control my laptop from my iPhone?
These are the steps to follow for you to access a computer remotely.
- On your iPhone or iPad, you have to open Chrome Remote Desktop.
- Click on the computer that you would like to access from the list. If a computer is darkened, then it is offline or unavailable.
- Control the computer in two different modes. To switch between the modes, tap More in the bottom right corner.