How to create gigs on Fiverr – on the Fiverr platform you’ll find different types of services. To create a gig on Fiverr there are steps to follow, first of all, what is a gig?
A gig is where you state the service you are rendering on the Fiverr platform. The Fiverr platform can join for free and gigs are posted free of charge.
Fiverr is the right platform for any talented individual that wants to make side money or just thinking of how to make additional money. However, before you create your first gig, you must know how buyers see gigs to enable you to stand out among others.
Also, know that if you just registered on Fiverr without creating a gig it means that you are a buyer of services. It’s very important to define your stake on the platform. Let’s see how to create a gig on Fiverr.
How To Create Gigs On Fiverr
Creating a gig on Fiverr is easy just anyone can do it but one needs to just do it outstandingly well. But before we proceed let’s see how to create a Fiverr account.
- On the Fiverr website www.fiverr.com
- On the homepage search and locate the widget ‘Join’
- Key in your Email Address and click on ‘Continue’
- Know that you can also join via Facebook Google or Apple ID.
- Insert your username and create a password
- Next, click on the “Join” button
Now that you’ve created an account on Fiverr, check your email address to see your confirmatory email to activate your account. The activation link in the email is valid for 30 days within which your account should be activated. Immediately you click on the activation your account will be created successfully.
How To Activate Your Fiverr Seller Account
Activating your Fiverr seller account enabled you to start rendering services on the Fiverr platform. Use these steps to activate your account.
- On the homepage of Fiverr
- Click on your profile picture and click on ‘Become a seller’ from the menu drop-down option
- You’ll be redirected to a page, tap on ‘Become a seller ‘ again to begin the process which includes watching three videos on How to use the platform as a seller.
- Immediately you’re through watching the videos, again you will be directed to Fiverr tips on ‘What makes a successful Fiverr profile and what to steer clear of as a seller. Next, tap on the ‘Continue’ button
- Use accurate information to complete your to create a working experience, skills, and any training
- Next, choose to link your account to other social media platforms.
At the end of the onboarding process, you will need to phone verify your account. This leads us to how to create your gig to offer services as a seller on Fiverr.
Steps To Create Gigs On Fiverr – How To Create Gigs On Fiverr
As earlier explained a Gig is your opportunity to showcase your skill or talent to potential customers, and also to provide the information they may need to contact you on the Fiverr platform. Let’s see the steps to create a gig remember it’s only possible using a desktop.
- When you Log in to www.fiverr.com
- Get to your profile picture tap on My Profile
- On the new page, you’ll see the message, “It seems that you don’t have any active Gigs. Get selling!
- Tap on the “create a new Gig” button
However, the above is for the new sellers, but if you have been offering services
- Click on ‘Switch to Selling, select Gigs
- Tap on the ‘Create A New Gig’
- On the Gig title field, you will be required to write up to 80 characters but ensure the Gig title is short, clear and straight to the point. Fiverr will always start the statement for you with “I will…” this is standard for all Gigs and cannot be erased.
- At the category drop-down menu, select the right category and subcategory for your gig. Fiverr will show you some recommendations of categories and subcategories based on your title, pick any of your choice. In case yours is not in the options define the criteria in the Gig Metadata area further down.
- At the service type drop-down menu, choose a service type and ensure that it appears in the search results related to the category you choose.
- In the GIG METADATA area select, the criteria that is relevant for the topic
- In the SEARCH TAGS field, add one to five words or phrases that will describe your Gig properly, next, Save & Continue.
Scope And Pricing
- At the Name of your package area, write a short title for the service you are rendering.
- Give details of your service in the area specified.
- On the Delivery Time drop-down menu, chose the number of days it will take for you to finish your Gig.
- Choose the various items you would like to include in your service (Extras). This is based on the kind of service you are offering. For instance, if you’re into Logo design services, you can choose options from a predefined list of items, including the number of Logos to
- include, the source files, or a high-resolution file.
- In the Revisions drop-down menu, select the number of revisions you include in your Gig. It’s highly recommended for Gigs that are customized or creation is done.
In the Price drop-down menu, choose a price for your service most of it ranges from $5, up to the maximum price for the type of Gig.
Description and FAQs
- In the Description space, just describe briefly your Gig. Try to be more detailed to convince buyers of your services
- At the frequently Asked Questions segment, click on the Add FAQ
- Add a question that you think buyers may ask, and then write your answer
- Click Add
- Once you’re through adding the FAQs, click on Save & Continue.
In this section, you add what you want from your buyers, maybe instructions as free text, multiple-choice questions, or a file upload.
- Key in the details of your requirements
- In the Answer Type space, choose either Free Text, Multiple Answers, or Attached File
- If you need a buyer to provide the information you choose, mark the Answer as a Mandatory checkbox.
- Click Add
- When you are done setting your requirements, click Save & Continue
- At the Gig Photo area, click and drag the image or click on Browse and select image. You can Upload up to three photos that will describe your Gig or related image. It may be samples of your work and it should be in JPEG, GIF, BMP, or PNG format and up to 50 MB.
- Add Gig Video area, drag a video or click Browse and select a video
- At the Gig Audio area, drag an audio file or click Browse and select a file.
- In the Gig PDf area, drag a pdf or click browse to select a pdf file.
- Click to Save & Continue button
Publishing And Promoting Your Gig
- Click on the Publish Gig
- You will see different social media platforms on which you can promote your gig. Click on any and fill in the details needed.
- Next, click on Gig contains a video
To Edit A Gig
Use these steps to edit your Gig as follows:
- When you log in, from the selling menu, click Gigs
- Search the Gig you like to edit, and from the menu drop-down, select Edit
- Make the necessary changes you’d like and the ‘Save’ button.