If you are just in search of ways on How to Deactivate your Facebook Account, then this article is just for you. There is no doubt that there are some people out there who still want to deactivate and delete their accounts.
Of course, the site is entertaining, connecting, filled with amazing features, and just much more to help you connect with friends and share your moments. However, some people still want to leave the site and deactivate or delete their accounts.
CHECK THESE OUT: Facebook Delete Account Is Free – Facebook Account Delete | Facebook Account Deactivation
How to Deactivate your Facebook Account
How to deactivate this account? There are two ways to deactivate your account on this social media platform. What could they be? One way is temporal and the other is permanent. So, whichever way you want, you will find all the steps right in this article.
Once you deactivate this account, others will not be able to find your profile, see your posts, and other information on the account. You can deactivate the account temporarily and reactivate it. You could also choose to delete this account permanently and never get it back.
However, the account is not deleted immediately. This is so in cases where users get to change their decisions about deactivating the account. It takes up to 90 days for the account to be permanently deleted.
How to Deactivate Facebook Account 2021
Now, I would want you to get things straight about the information that you need. Deactivating an account is different from deleting an account. What does this mean? Deactivating an account is temporal and can be retrieved after some time while deleting an account is permanent and cannot be retrieved.
However, in this article, we will be referring you to the deactivating part. Let’s proceed further, as you get to know how to deactivate your account.
How to Deactivate Your Facebook Account on Mobile
If you make use of the app on your mobile phone, it is easy for you to deactivate your account here. How can you do this? It is absolutely easy. Let’s check out these steps.
- Open the app and log into the account you wish to deactivate.
- Tap on the menu button.
- From the list of, click on “Settings”.
- Next, scroll down to tap on “Account Ownership and control”.
- Select “Deactivation and Deletion”.
- Select the “Deactivate Account” option.
- Tap on “Continue”.
- Provide the account password and “Continue”.
- Here, you will have to confirm the deactivation process and provide the reason for doing so.
Following these steps, you can deactivate this account successfully. That’s how it works.
How to Deactivate Facebook on Computer
Do you access this social media platform through the Facebook website on your computer device? You can also do this using your computer device. Let’s check out the steps on How to Deactivate your Facebook Account using your computer.
- Log in to the Facebook account using your computer on facebook.com.
- On the homepage, tap on the triangle facing downwards, which is at the top.
- Tap on “Settings”.
- Select “Your Facebook Information”.
- Click on “Deactivation and Deletion”.
- From both options, select “Deactivate Account”.
- “Continue to Account Deactivation”.
These processes will deactivate the account. Here, no one can see your profile and no one can see some information.