Do you know how to delete a Facebook group? If you o not know how to, would you love to? Deleting a group on Facebook is easy, but yet not everyone knows about this. If you are one of these persons and you have a group on the platform you want to delete, then here is your chance. Continue reading to learn how to do delete a group on Facebook successfully.
How to Delete A Facebook Group
Deleting a Facebook group is easy and this is something that anyone n the social media platform can do. You really do not need much to do this. But however, there are things that you need to know before you can begin with the process. Some persons who have deleted a group on the platform know about this and this is the reason they have been successful with it.
The requirements needed to delete a group on Facebook will be shared in the course of this post. Therefore if you want to know what you need to successfully delete your group on Facebook, continue reading.
What You Need To Delete a Facebook Group
When it comes to groups, there are two options and they are deleting and archiving. When you delete a group the action is permanent. This means that the action cannot be reversed. On the other hand, when a group is archived, the said group won’t appear on search results to non-members. New members on the other hand cannot join the said group also.
To delete a group on Facebook, follow the steps below;
- Login to your Facebook account at facebook.com.
- Click groups from your news feed in the left menu.
- Select your group from groups you manage or by searching for it.
- Below the name of the group, click members.
- Click the three-dotted icon next to each member’s name and select the remove member button.
- Click the confirm tab. Once you have removed the members from the group, click the three-dotted icon next to your name, and select leave group.
- Lastly, click leave group.
- Open the Facebook app and log in to your account if you are not yet logged in.
- Tap the hamburger icon and tap the group’s option.
- Select your group and tap the stars icon. Select members.
- Next, tap the three-dotted icon next to each member’s name except your own. Tap the remove member button.
- When you are the last group member, tap the star badge icon and then tap leave group.
- Lastly, tap leave and delete.
- Tap the hamburger icon.
- Tap the start badge icon and then tap members.
- Next to each member’s name except your own select the remove member option.
- Tap the star badge icon once more in the top right of the group and tap leave group.
- Lastly, select leave and delete.
That’s it. You can only delete a group on Facebook when you are the original creator. If you are an admin of a group you cannot delete a group on the platform unless the original creator chooses to leave it. When you delete a group, the members are not notified.
- Facebook PayPal Groups – Facebook Groups to Join | How to Join Facebook PayPal…
- How to Create Facebook Group – Facebook Groups Page | Facebook Page List
- Facebook Search Group – Facebook Search History | Facebook Group Search
- How to Post on Facebook – How to Post on Facebook Page | Post…
- Facebook Group Guidelines – How to Setup Facebook Group | How to Post on…