Are you wondering how to edit PDF files on a Mac? If you are, this article is just the best for you. this universal document format is one of the most popular ways of distributing documents. PDFs could be quite tricky to deal with if you just need to make quick changes. It is convenient to read.
Your team is creating a brochure for a business or charity event. And this involves a number of writers to produce the finished product. Using PDF could be quite helpful. However, before doing this there are a lot of copies and imagery edits. That has to be made ready before it to be used. But how do you edit PDFs on mac? No worries, keep on reading for more information.
How to Edit PDF on Mac
A portable document format is a format used when you need to save files that cannot be modified. It gives people an easy, reliable way to present and exchange documents. Despite the software, hardware, or operating systems being used by anyone who views the document.
A portable document format is a software tool that allows you to make changes to a PDF document. These changes can include editing, adding or removing images, and highlighting content. The preview program on mac is a simple and easy-to-use option for editing PDFs.
Every macOS has a built-in tool for filling and signing PDFs. Some macs use quick look, but most will use the preview app. In the preview, you would find tools to add your text to your PDF file, underline, and strikethrough. And also highlighting existing text, and shapes and adding comments. The two ways of editing pdf on mac are:
- Quick look
Edit PDFs With Preview on Mac – How to edit PDF File
You can actually edit PDFs on your mac for free, by using the preview app that comes with your mac operating system. These are the steps in doing that:
- Firstly, you click on the pdf. If you do that it would automatically open in the preview. Unless you have another pdf viewer. To ensure that the pdf opens in preview, you right-click on the pdf. After doing that you right-click and choose open with preview.
- Secondly, you click on the icon that looks like a pencil in a circle. This would open the markup tools which include, a tool for selection, a rectangular selection tool, sketch tools, and other tools.
- Thirdly, you use the various tools in preview to add text, underline, highlight, draw, and more to the pdf. In doing this you click on the icon that looks like a T. it has a box around it. after doing that a small box would appear at the center of the page with the word text inside.
- After doing this if you want to change the font size or color. All you have to do is click on the slanted A icon at the right side of your toolbar. This would open up the standard formatting option, so you can alter the text.
- Lastly, after doing all these, if you want to move boxes around just click on them and drag.
These steps should help you edit pdf files on your mac System.
Edit PDFs Using Quick Look
You could also use a quick look. These are the steps in doing that:
- First, you find a PDF that you want to edit and press the spacebar on your keyboard.
- Secondly, the spacebar would open a quick look and allow you to see the PDF. To edit a PDF, you the pencil icon.
- After doing that, you would be presented with a bar of editing tools. In this toolbox, you would find a drawing tool, shapes, and in the third position a text tool. You click on that.
- After clicking on the toolbox you would find a box with the word text inside. You can actually move the position on your screen and type whatever you want to add to the PDF. You can move it by clicking inside the box, so the hand icon appears as a fist.
- You can change the text by selecting the drop-box, that’s beside the A, and choosing the color, font, and size of the text.
- Once you are done, you click on done to save the changes.
- Now you can share your completed PDF.
These steps are quite easier than the preview app. With all these steps you can edit PDFs on your mac.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you Edit PDF on Mac Without Adobe?
You can actually do that by logging into your google drive and right-clicking on the pdf that you need to edit. Then you click open google docs. You wait and your pdf would be turned into an editable word. With these, you can start editing your pdf on mac in word for free.
How to Make a PDF Editable With Acrobat?
First, you open the pdf file in acrobat pro and then click on the edit pdf tool on the right-hand panel. You then use editing tools to add new text and update fonts using selections from the format drop-down list. Then you move, add, replace, or resize images using the object list tools.
How Do you Enable Editing on a Mac?
To enable editing, you choose the format and allow editing. Then you lock a document, you place the pointer on the right side of the document title. At the window, you click the arrow that appears and then select a lock. To unlock a document, deselect locked.
Which is Better Notepad or TextEdit?
Both are easy to use and administer. But TextEdit is easier to set up, while Notepad is easier to do business with overall. However, some reviewers felt that notepad meets the needs of their business.
How Can I Activate Edit Mode?
First, you click on the file, then options and advanced. Then click on the excel options. After doing that you click on the advanced category.
Which Function Key is Editing?
The detailed solution. F2 is the right key used to edit the content of a cell in MS Excel.