How to Immigrate to Canada as an Electrical Engineer with Visa Sponsorship – Follow the guide in this write-up to learn how to successfully move to Canada with visa sponsorship as you continue your Electrical engineering career.
If you are a qualified electrical engineer looking for visa sponsorship to move to Canada, congratulations! This article will be very helpful to you.
How to Immigrate to Canada as an Electrical Engineer with Visa Sponsorship
Electrical Engineering is one of the outstanding professionals in the world today. Due to this, electrical engineers have a high chance of getting a job both within and outside the country.
However, if you’re thinking of immigrating to a country like Canada, there are procedures and steps you need to take. These procedure includes getting a job offer, having the necessary documents required and also getting your Canadian work permit.
Best Ways to Immigrate to Canada as an Electrical Engineer 2022
There are lots of ways you can easily migrate to Canada. However, Express Entry System remains one of the best ways to Immigrate to Canada as an engineer. This express entry program consists of the Canadian express class, the federal skilled trades program and the federal skilled worker program.
Immigrating to Canada as an Electrical Engineer through Express Entry System
Express Entry Program allows you to Immigrate to CA using an online platform. Canadian Immigration Program foreigners to live and work in Canada as skilled workers through Express Entry.
The new system will allow Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to pro-actively assess, recruit, and select immigrants who are skilled and/or possessed the relevant qualifications under federal economic immigration programs such as
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
- The Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
- The Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
However, the Express Entry program will also allow individual provinces and territories to use the system in order to recruit suitable candidates as part of the Provincial Nominee Programs, to meet labour market demands.
Basic Requirements For Canadian Express Entry
To get express entry Sponsorship as an electrical engineer to work in Canada, you need the following;
- You must meet the age requirement
- Have the job experience years required.
- Provide proof of funds
- Have proof of educational qualifications
- You must also understand the English language
These are requirements you need to meet to move to Ca as an engineer.
How to Immigrate to Canada as an Electrical Engineer
Below are steps to take to move to Canada as an Electrical Engineer
- Have an Express entry account
- After opening the account, choose a program that suits your required needs as an Electrical engineer.
- Ensure you have a job offer.
- Fill out the forms and submit all the required documents
- You will receive an invitation to apply for ITA if Your CRS score is high.
- Submit your application and wait for a response
- Progress to get your work permit and which will be available at Canada’s port of entry.
These are steps to successfully move to Canada.
Other Ways to Immigrate to Canada
Apart from the Express Entry program, there are other ways you can move to Canada. They are
- Family Sponsorship
- LMIA Work Visa
- Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP)
Family Sponsorship enables Families in Canada can sponsor their relatives to come to Canada on a permanent basis. For one to qualify to sponsor your relative, the person has to be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
Who you can sponsor is your spouse and children under the age of 22 (there are some exceptions to this). However, sponsoring your parents or grandparents is no longer an option at this time. But, you can bring them to Canada under the Super Visa Category.
LMIA Work Visa Category
Lots for candidates for Canadian immigration first get Canadian job offers, apply for a work visa and then on that basis, immigrate to Canada. However, the LMIA involves
- Securing a Canadian job offer
- Next, having the Canadian employer apply for an LMIA through Service Canada
- Then the applicant applies for the work permit after the LMIA is approved.
The Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP)
Moving to Canada through the PNP route is becoming an increasingly popular method. Canadian provinces like Alberta, Ontario, British Columbia and others have developed their own immigration programs that often lead to a fast-track process.
The PNP category requires that applicants reside in the respective Provinces after they arrive in CA. And also most PNPs require a job offer from a Canadian employer in order to qualify. The programs include;
- Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP)
- British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BCPNP)
- Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP)
- Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program (NLPNP)
- New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (NBPNP)
- Nova Scotia Provincial Nominee Program (NSPNP)
- Northwest Territories Nominee Program (NTNP)
- Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)
- Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP)
- Quebec Skilled Workers Program (QSWP)
- Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP)
- Yukon Nominee Program (YNP)
Canadian Investor Immigration Category
The Investor Visa Category is designed for high-net-worth individuals who have owned or managed businesses overseas. There are mainly two investor programs in Canada: The Federal Investor Program and the Quebec program. The programs require that the applicants have a high net worth and make a large investment in an approved investment fund for a 5-year period.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which Engineer is most in-demand in Canada?
Below is the list of top engineering jobs demanded in Canada;
How much money do Electrical Engineers make in Canada?
The average electrical engineer salary in CA is $85, 000 each year or $43.59 per hour. However, entry-level positions start at $65, 520 per year, while most experienced workers make up to $114, 820 per year.
Is it possible to get a visa sponsorship in Canada?
Yes, you can get a visa Sponsorship in Canada through the Family Sponsorship program. So, under the family sponsorship programs, a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of ca, aged 18 or more can sponsor certain family members to become Canadian permanent residents.
Does Canada need Electrical Engineers?
Yes. Electrical engineering is one of the highly demanding jobs in Canada. Thus, for Electrical and electronics engineers, over the period 2019-2028, new job openings are expected to total 13,300, while 16,600 new job seekers (for school leavers, immigration and mobility) are expected to be available to fill them