Do you know how to leave a Facebook group? One of the most used Facebook features ever. The Facebook groups feature. This feature is used by almost everyone or account holder on the social network. Since there are various types of groups in the social media platform, there is a group for everyone. From sports groups to business groups, there is a group for you.
How to Leave a Facebook Group
A group on Facebook is a fun place to be. It’s just like having all your friends in one place. And the reason for this is that groups are spaces made for like-minded people. Since joining a group on the Facebook social media platform is free and open to all account holders, anyone can join. All you need to have in place is a registered account.
While Facebook groups are fun and all, there are some users on the platform and group members who think that they have had enough. And since you can join a group on the platform with a few simple steps, you can also leave when you finally decide to. Leaving a group on the social network is very possible and with the steps, I will be sharing with you, you will be having no problem with it.
Is It Free To Leave a Facebook Group?
It is free to leave a group on Facebook. No matter the type of group you are in the social network when you think it is finally time to draw the curtain or call time on it, it is free to leave. There are no hidden steps needed in leaving a group on the Facebook social media platform. Since you now know that it is free to leave a group you joined on Facebook, continue reading to learn of the steps of leaving a Facebook group.
What Happens When You Leave a Facebook Group?
Leaving a Facebook group is easy. But before you proceed with the steps of leaving a group, there are some things you need to know about leaving a group. When you leave a group on Facebook, there are certain things that happen and it is very important you learn of these things just in case you feel like changing your mind.
When you leave a Facebook group, other members of the group won’t be notified. Members of the said group will no longer know if you have seen a group post, even if you saw it before you left the group.
You will no longer get notifications from the group or see posts from the group on your newsfeed. Lastly, the group will be removed from your group list and you will also be removed from the members list.
How to Leave a Facebook Group
Now that you know what’s at stake when you leave a group on Facebook, follow the steps below to leave a group on Facebook;
- Login to your Facebook account at facebook.com.
- Click group on the left column and select the group you want to leave.
- On the groups page, click the three-dotted icon in the top right corner and select leave group.
- Lastly, click leave group to confirm.
- Open the Facebook app and log in to your account if you are not logged in.
- Tap the hamburger icon and then select groups.
- Next, select the group you want to leave and tap the three-dotted icon in the top right, and tap leave group.
- Open the app and tap the hamburger menu icon.
- Select groups from the menu page and select the group you want to leave.
- Tap the three-dotted icon in the top right and select leave group.
That’s it. Your membership to the said group will no longer exist.
- How to Create Facebook Group – Facebook Groups Page | Facebook Page List
- How to Post on Facebook – How to Post on Facebook Page | Post…
- Facebook Group Guidelines – How to Setup Facebook Group | How to Post on…
- Dating Groups on Facebook for Singles – FACEBOOK DATING APP FREE FOR SINGLES –…
- Facebook Group Admin – Create Group On Facebook | How To Join Groups On…