Making a post on Instagram is very easy and fast, all you need is a smartphone (ios or android). With millions of active users on the platform, Instagram is no doubt one of the most far-reaching social media to use.
Now if you have an account on the platform and are wondering how to make an upload, but seem stranded or confused, you need not worry. Because of this post, I will be guiding you on How to Make an Instagram Upload.
Instagram is available on the web, but not for making uploads just for viewing, that is to say, you can only make an upload using a smartphone. Now, let’s read on to find out how.
How To Make An Instagram Upload
Making an upload on the platform allows people to interact with you through comments and likes. If you have a small business in the fashion line of fashion, Instagram is one of the best places to showcase. All you need to do is to make uploads of your products or pictures of you. The process is simple and fast as I said earlier, but let’s discuss briefly what Instagram is.
Instagram is actually one of the biggest social platforms. It is free and simple to use, including the profile creation process. The platform is famously known as IG. It is an American photo and video sharing platform owned by Facebook. Just like Facebook, Instagram requires you to have a profile in order to upload, comment, or like a post.
With Instagram, you can upload any content you want and edit with filters, add tags, and location. Now with that said, let’s look at how you can download the Instagram app and things you can do with it.
How To Download Instagram App
As I earlier said, the app is what you can actually use to make an upload on the platform. That is to say, you need the application right on your smart device. It is simple and free to get so you won’t have a hard time downloading the app on your device. Follow the proceeds below to install the app;
- Launch your App Store and tap on the search to open.
- Enter Instagram.
- A list will be displayed showing the search results of the ones that are relating to it. Tap on the first app on the page to load its information/download page.
- Then tap on “Install”.
Instagram will be immediately downloaded into your device. Once it is on your device, open it and sign in to your account or create one if you do not have one.
What Can I do With Instagram App
Aside from having the ability to make uploads on your account using the app, there are things they can be used for. The Instagram app helps you to connect and share with friends what is happening around you or what you are up to. You also get to see what others are up to from your newsfeed. Now the app, you add photos and videos to your story (it will disappear after 24 hours). Make use of the Direct feature to message or start conversations, check out IGTV for much longer videos. Also, it lets post pictures and video clips to your newsfeed that you want to be shown your profile.
How To Use Instagram
Now that you know what you can do with Instagram, let’s head on to how you can use the platform. The platform is simple and free to use, but you just don’t use it with creating an account. That brings us to the creation of a profile, if you already have a profile, you can simply sign in. So let’s move on.
Instagram Profile Creation
In order to make use of Instagram the way you want, you need a profile. To know how to make an upload, you actually need a profile, well if you have, then you just have to sign in. Now, if you don’t have a profile, follow below let’s get you signed up;
- Use the app or simply go to Instagram and hit on “Sign Up”. then select to use an email address or phone number.
- Enter number or email and hit on “Next”.
- You can also register using your Facebook account.
- If you’re registering with an email or number, create a username and password. Then fill out the profile information and select next.
- To use Facebook, you need to log in to the account.
Once the details are provided correctly, the profile will be created. You will be sent a code or email for confirming the account.
Instagram Sign In
You already know that you can only make use of your smartphone to upload a post on Instagram. So you’ll have to sign in using a smartphone. Now, follow below;
- Launch the app and tap on Sign In.
- Enter email or phone number and password. Hit on Sign in.
- Or if you make use of Facebook, simply tap on “Log in with Facebook” and enter the details.
The profile will be available for use immediately. Now, let’s look at how to upload.
How To Write A Post On Instagram
The process is simple and a bit similar to that of Facebook. Simply follow the guides below to make a post or upload;
- Tap on the + icon at the bottom of your Instagram page.
- Then choose a video or photo from your Gallery or Photo Library.
- You can crop the image or skip it.
- Make use of Carousel to post more than three photos or videos.
- Then select a filter or skip it.
- Type in the Caption you want to use for the post on the text box.
- Include hashtags and also tag a couple of friends you want.
- Add location or skip it.
- Make use of emojis.
- Then tap on “Post”.
Your post will be made immediately.