How to Remove a Credit Card from an Amazon Account – As an e-commerce website, Amazon allows you to purchase from various sellers remotely. With this, you can compare products based on their cost and benefits and select the one you prefer. How to remove credit card from Amazon payments account because there may be times when you no longer need a card.
Allowing you to make payment for the purchase of products online, you can save the credentials of your credit or debit card on your Amazon payment account. However, this article will consider some procedures you can take on how to remove a credit card from your Amazon account.
How to Remove a Credit Card from an Amazon Account
Removing a credit card from your Amazon account is quite an easy process, though it may seem very complex. You can remove your payment method using the Amazon mobile app or their website, alternatively.
How to Remove a Credit Card from Amazon Using the Website
The following steps are to be followed carefully in order to remove your credit card from Amazon via the website.
- Open your browser and visit the Amazon website. Sign in using your login details.
- Once logged in, under your name, click on “Accounts and lists,” located at the top right corner of the Amazon website, to open the “Your Account” page.
- Open your Amazon wallet page by selecting “Your payments.” A list of all the cards and bank accounts linked to your Amazon account will now appear.
- Also, you may see your international cards on the list if you have Amazon accounts in various countries linked to the same email address.
- After that, tap on the card you choose to delete and click on “Edit.”
- Finally, select “Remove from wallet” on the payment edit page, and then click on “Confirm remove” to confirm your selection to delete the credit card from Amazon.
Above are the steps to consider to finally remove your credit card from your Amazon account via the website.
How to Remove a Credit Card from Amazon using the Amazon Mobile App
The steps for how you can remove your credit card from Amazon using the Amazon mobile app will be considered below.
- First, launch the Amazon mobile app and sign in using your login details.
- Go to the account section, click on “your account,” and then go to “your payments.” Immediately, a list of all the cards and bank accounts linked to your Amazon account will appear.
- Then click on the card you want to delete, and then tap “Edit.” Select the “Remove from wallet” option located at the bottom of the page.
- Finally, you can now confirm your selection by clicking “Confirm remove” to delete the credit card from your Amazon account.
These are the steps by which you can successfully remove your credit card from Amazon on mobile.
How to Change Credit Card Details on an Amazon Account
Customers who have reached the credit limit on their credit cards normally tend to look for an option to switch cards instead of deleting a credit card on Amazon. For convenience, Amazon has made it easy for users simply by providing them a way to swap out their credit card details, allowing them to use the card once again when the credit ban has been lifted.
At this point, follow these easy steps outlined below to change your credit card details on your Amazon account.
The steps are as follows:
- From your device, go to the Amazon app or log in to Chrome directly.
- Go to the Accounts option and select “Your Account” from the drop-down list.
- After that, tap on “Your payment” from the options available.
- Immediately, click on “Edit” from the options given to change the details in your Amazon wallet.
- This will include the “name on the card of payment,” the “expiration date of the card,” and the “billing address.”
- Lastly, enter your new details correctly in the appropriate field and tap on the “Confirm” button to save the changes.
You must remove and re-enter the most recent updated information if you want to edit full information sections about your card.
However, the information you give at this time will be automatically saved for later use. Hence, if you want to prevent having to go through the same process again, be very careful with the information you submit.
The removal or editing of credit card information may occasionally be necessary due to a low credit margin, the card’s expiration, or other minor issues. Customers should find it much easier to complete these tasks on their own if provided with comprehensive instructions on how to withdraw credit cards from Amazon.
If customers follow the instructions above, editing and removing credit card information from your Amazon page will go more smoothly.
Can Amazon charge me if I remove my card?
Of course not! Amazon cannot bill you for just canceling a card. But they will contact you to inform you that you must adjust your payment method in order to maintain your primary benefits.
Does Amazon accept PayPal?
Sorry, PayPal cannot be used to make purchases on Amazon. However, Amazon purchases can be made with the PayPal Cash Card. You can also purchase an Amazon gift card using PayPal and use it to make purchases afterward.
How do I add a credit card to my Amazon account?
By choosing Your Payments in Your Account, you can add or update your payment options. It’s important to note that changing a payment method under Your Payments won’t affect any open orders you’ve placed.