Do you know how to secure your Facebook account from hackers? The hacking of Facebook accounts and impersonation has been a popular trend for scammers. This leaves your account prone to hacking if you don’t properly secure your account. There are steps I would be showing you to properly secure your account on Facebook.
Facebook gives its users security tools that you can use to secure your Facebook account from hacking. Using Facebook security helps you to safeguard your account from any unforeseen event.
How to Secure your Facebook Account from Hackers
Internet security is a major development in the fight against hackers and scammers. Did you know that there was a time when the Facebook account was irrelevant to hackers? Yes, this was because it was invaluable to hackers. As Facebook grew over the years, there is enough data that hackers can steal and use for either monetary gain or blackmail. If you don’t want to fall victim to this, then I suggest you take the steps I would be showing you to secure your Facebook account from hackers.
Personal Facebook Security Tips
Nowadays people’s accounts are continuously hacked on Facebook. So Facebook tries their possible best to ensure that your account is free from scams. If you want to protect your account you must make sure that you use your email and phone number as a form of protection. In case it is hacked you can use the number or email to retrieve your account back. We have several Facebook security tips for your account.
- Confirm your mobile number; you must make sure your Facebook has your mobile number for security purposes cause if your password is forgotten. You would be sent a new one for you to safeguard your account.
- Know a scam; every Facebook user must make sure they don’t just click on any link shared to you on Facebook or any free airline tickets cause some of these link scams.
- Choose a unique password; each and every of our Facebook users to always make sure they use a password that cannot be easily detected. And also make sure they don’t use the same password with your email because that could be very risky also.
Steps you must follow to ensure that your Facebook account is secured.
Secure your Account from Hackers
Here are some steps to secure your Facebook account from hackers.
- You must limit the people that see your post and make sure only your friends see your post and check you out on Facebook.
- make sure you control the people that can contact you on Facebook so that your number is saved on Facebook and some people you don’t know get to contact you, so it’s best that you control the people that can contact you on your Facebook.
- You can also control the people that view your profile. This is only available for users because it secures your account. And also enables people that you don’t know to get in contact with you and all these are considered as tips to safeguard your account.
- You must also set up a login notification cause it will always give you an alert that will allow you to know when your account has been logged in to an unknown device or computer.
- And also make sure you log out from every device you use to log in.
How to Set Facebook Security Features
Setting up the security Feature on your Facebook account is pretty easy. All you have to do is follow the steps below;
- Open the Facebook application on your device.
- Hit the menu icon. Note, that it is represented with three vertical lines.
- Click on “Settings and Privacy”.
- Select “Settings” from the new option.
- Click on “Security and Login”.
Now, you’ll see some options with which you can increase security on your Facebook. I strongly suggest you set up two-factor authentication. With all this, you will be able to How to secure your Facebook Account from Hackers so as not to allow your account from getting hacked.