How To Stream Disney Plus on Discord? If you are looking to watch your favorite Disney Plus movies and shows with your friends, but only one of you has a Disney Plus subscription, the Screen Share Future on Discord is a good way to set up a watch party with your friends.
However, streaming Disney Plus on Discord can be tricky, as most users report only seeing a black screen when streaming Disney Plus to their Discord buddies. Here is a full guide that will demonstrate how to stream Disney Plus on Discord.
How To Stream Disney Plus on Discord?
Before we dive into the solutions for the black screen issue, let’s go over the process of setting up the Disney Plus stream itself. Most users set up the stream incorrectly in the first place, which leads to audio and visual issues that are unrelated to the copyright protection of Disney+.
If you simply click on the “Share Your Screen” option and select the browser window that has Disney Plus playing, you are not setting up the stream correctly.
To avoid any audio issues, you must first add your browser as a registered game in your Discord app. Follow the steps listed below to do so:
How To Stream Disney Plus on Discord Desktop?
There are two major steps to follow. First, we must add a browser containing Disney Plus as a game on Discord. Then, start the streaming.
Here’s how to add the browser as a game on Discord.
- Open a browser on your desktop.
- Log in to your Disney Plus account.
- Once logged in, open your Discord desktop or web version.
- Click on the gear icon at the bottom to access the user settings page.
- Scroll down to the Activity Settings and click on the Registered Games option.
- Click the option for Add It!
- Click the down arrow on the window that appears.
- Select the browser where you’ve logged into your Disney Plus account.
- Click on the Add Game button.
- Lastly, hit the ESC button at the top.
At this point, you are ready to start streaming. The steps slightly differ between Macs and Windows.
How to Stream Disney Plus on Discord on Windows?
Steps to stream Disney Plus on Discord on Windows:
- Visit the official Discord website. Download the app and install it on your system.
- Now, launch Discord and go to the Settings option.
- Go to the Advanced option in the settings and toggle off the Hardware Acceleration option. Click OK to save the changes.
- Next, launch Google Chrome on the Windows system.
- Go to the Settings option from the top three dots in the right-hand corner.
- Go to the Advanced option in the Chrome settings and toggle off the Use hardware acceleration when available option.
- Now open a Discord account and try to stream Disney Plus on it.
How do I stream Disney Plus on Discord on a Mac?
- Sign in to your Discord account on your Mac and go to the User Settings option.
- Go to the App Settings option and select the Voice and Video option.
- Now, open the Screen Share option and go to the Install option located at the bottom.
- You may be asked to add the admin password and details to install the option. Wait for the You’re all set to capture audio from applications message to appear after the installation process.
- Exit from the Settings menu and select the Voice Channel to start the stream.
- Select the Screen option, followed by the Disney Plus video player option, set your streaming settings, and go live.
- Start Disney Plus group watching once everyone is on your channel.
How To Stream Disney Plus on Discord Mobile?
It’s also possible to stream Disney Plus using the Discord mobile app on both iPhone and Android devices. You just need the Discord and Disney Plus apps.
To stream Disney Plus on a smartphone:
- Launch Discord.
- Select your server and join a voice channel.
- In the pop-up window, tap Join Voice.
- Tap the Share Screen button (it looks like a phone with an arrow pointing out of it).
- Tap Start Now. You should now be sharing your phone’s screen with everyone else in the channel.
- Switch to the Disney Plus app and start the TV show or movie that you’d like to watch.
How to Watch Disney Plus on Discord on a Fire TV Stick or Android TV
If you have a Fire TV Stick or Android TV, you can watch Disney Plus on Discord by following these steps:
- Open the Discord app on your Fire TV Stick or Android TV.
- Select the Voice and Video option from the settings menu.
- Select the Output Device option and choose Fire TV Stick or Android TV from the list of devices.
- Select the Input Device option and choose the Fire TV Stick Remote or Android TV Remote from the list of devices.
- Press the Play/Pause button on your remote control to start streaming Disney Plus on Discord.
How to Fix the Black Screen Issue When Streaming Disney Plus on Discord
If you are using a browser to stream Disney Plus on Discord, you might encounter a black screen issue. So, if you encounter a black screen while streaming Disney Plus on Discord, don’t worry; we’ve got you covered! Follow the steps given below, and you’ll be able to enjoy your favorite shows and movies without any problems.
How To Disable Hardware Acceleration on Discord?
To disable hardware acceleration on Discord, follow these steps:
- Open Discord Settings.
- In the App Settings category, select the Voice and Video option.
- Scroll down to the Video Codec section.
- Disable both hardware acceleration and the OpenH264 video codec options.
- Scroll down to the Screen Share section.
- Enable the Use of advanced technology to capture your screen option.
How To Disable Hardware Acceleration on Google Chrome?
- Launch the Chrome browser.
- Go to Settings by clicking the Vertical Three Dots icon.
- Click on Advanced >> System from the left menu.
- Turn off the Use hardware acceleration when available option.
- Now, click on the Relaunch button.
How to Disable Hardware Acceleration on Firefox
- Launch the Firefox browser.
- Click on the three horizontal lines and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the performance section.
- Uncheck the Use recommended performance settings option.
- Uncheck the Use hardware acceleration when available option.
- Click on the Firefox menu and exit.
- Now start the Firefox browser again.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it legal to stream Disney Plus on the Discord app?
No, it is not legal to stream Disney Plus on the Discord app. This is because most apps don’t allow screen sharing with streaming services. Also, Disney Plus is copyrighted material, and it is illegal to stream copyrighted material without the permission of the copyright holder.
Why is Disney Plus black on Discord?
Disney Plus’s black screen on Discord can be due to hardware acceleration. So, all you need to do is disable the hardware acceleration feature on Discord and in the browser.