Do you have an Instagram account? If you have an Instagram account are you looking for a way to call time on the platform? If you are then you are on the right page. Also, if you are looking for how to temporarily disable your Instagram account, then you are in luck.
In this article, I will be guiding readers on how to successfully disable their accounts on the platform. Instagram can be such a beauty, but there are some persons who are not just having it anymore with the platform and due to this they would want to disable or deactivate their accounts on the platform.
If you don’t know how to do this you have nothing to worry about. All you need to do is to continue reading this great piece.
How To Temporarily Disable Your Instagram Account
Instagram users all over the world time over time have always mistaken deleting their accounts on the platform to deactivating it. Well, at least the ones who know how to go about it. If you are one of these persons, you are wrong.
Deleting your account on Instagram is different from deactivating your account. When you deactivate your Instagram account something happens to the said account. And the thing that happens to your account when disabled is different from when you delete it.
In the course of this article, I will be revealing to you what happens when you deactivate your account and also how you can successfully deactivate your account.
What Happens When You Temporarily Disable Your Instagram Account
When you disable your Instagram account temporarily it simply means that you can have access to it whenever you choose to. That is why it is temporary. Temporarily disabling accounts on the Instagram platforms is for those users who feel like taking a break from the platform.
With this feature, they can have access to their accounts and all their information whenever they finally feel like returning to the platform. If you disable your Instagram account temporarily, your profile, photos, comments, and likes will remain hidden until you reactivate it.
However, it is important to note that you can only disable your Instagram account from a computer or a mobile browser. To do this, follow the steps below;
- Go to instagram.com and log in to your account.
- Click on your profile picture at the top right corner of the page and click on profile.
- Click on edit profile. Scroll down and click on temporarily disable my account in the bottom right corner of the page.
- Next to why are you disabling your account; select an option from the drop-down menu.
- Re-enter your password. And lastly, click on temporarily disable account.
- From your mobile browser got to instagram.com and log in to your account.
- Tap on your profile picture and then tap profile.
- Tap on edit profile on the next page. Scroll down the page and tap on temporarily disable my account in the bottom right corner of the page.
- You will be prompted to select an option next to why are you disabling your account section.
- After selecting an option, re-enter your password and tap on temporarily disable account.
You cannot disable an Instagram account from the app. To activate your Instagram account, all you have to do is to login back in to your account and follow the on-screen instructions.