Do you know how you can text on Messenger from Instagram? Are you aware that Facebook has merged Messenger with Instagram, so you will be able to use Instagram to chat with friends on messenger?
Recommended Post >>> Facebook Surveys – Create Survey on Facebook – Facebook Survey Creator
Facebook has rolled out a new feature, and this feature allows you to connect your Instagram direct messages with Messenger, it simply means that you will now be able to send and receive messages from Instagram to the messenger. This feature is rolled out for users who are being allowed to choose if they want to merge their inboxes or not.
How to Text on Messenger from Instagram
If you decide to update the messaging experience on your Instagram app, it becomes quite similar to the Messenger platform which provides users with features like forwarding messages and also customizing chat threads.
Also, apart from all these the company has also added a bunch of new features including Watch Together, vanish mode, selfie stickers, chat colors, custom Emoji reactions, forwarding, replies, cross-platform messaging, message controls, and enhanced reporting and blocking updates.
Apart from these new features listed above in which users can choose to utilize or not the main change that you should be aware of is who is able to message you. People using messenger will be able to reach you on Instagram without you needing to download a new app or vice versa.
Messages and calls from the people using Instagram will stay in the Instagram app, Facebook says even more ways to connect will be added over time. Facebook shows how messaging has gone far since it was first brought to Instagram.
It does not allow people to send messages more than 100 billion times to each other every day, with these updates it will even be easier for people to stay connected and be able to express themselves in new ways.
How to update Instagram Messaging
Whether you are an iPhone user or android it doesn’t matter, the update process is the same for both. The steps on how to update Instagram messages are listed below:
- Open the Instagram app on your iPhone or Android.
- Tap on the DM icon at the top right of the screen.
- You will see a pop-up screen that invites you to upgrade to the messenger.
- Tap update.
- You will see a page that indicates your messaging has been updated then tap continue.
- If you have previously clicked not now to update Instagram messaging, the process will be slightly different and also easy for you.
- Click on your profile picture in the bottom right corner.
- Tap the three horizontal lines in the top right and tap settings.
- Tap on update messaging and then tap update.
With this, you will be able to see the new Messenger icon at the top right of the screen.